What's new

Criterion updates website with REBECCA (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Known for awhile to be coming on November 13, they have finally updated the "Coming Soon" page to include it, so it's official.
No cover art yet as I write this.
http://www.criterionco.com/asp/release.asp?id=135
Amazon and some others already have this 2-disc set for preorder. This is one I must get since it's one of my wife's very favorite movies, and I like it too. The Anchor Bay DVD version isn't bad, but this should be a treat.
Best Picture Oscar, 1940.

Heinz W

Second Unit
I can't wait for this, and to get a Criterion 2-disc edition to boot just makes this more of an essential purchase for me. I wasn't even aware of an AB version, but now that's irrelevant of course. One of my favorites as well.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this either. I was wondering what the holdup was since it was originally rumoured to be streeting the same day as Notorious.
I still remember watching this movie for the first time late at night on good old CBC.
Patrick
------------------
My DVD Collection

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I can't wait to pick up this one! Rebecca is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies from his earlier period.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Well, there goes another forty bucks down the dvd black hole! Oh well, I gotta have it... :)
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.