What's new

Criterion to release restored Manos: The Hands of Fate to DVD this Winter. (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
manoscriterion.jpg

Because of high popular demand, The Criterion Collection will release a newly restored version of Manos, The Hands of Fate to DVD in December (Date to be TBA)
Here's the specs for it so far:
Anamorphic Widescreen (1.66:1)
Dolby Digital 1.0 (original mono)
Music-Only Track
Commentary by Mrs. Hal Warren (director's widow)
Remembering Manos (A nice featurette showing the locations used in the film today and also interviews with surviving cast and crew)
It's been rumored Criterion had to clear up over 4,000 artifacts on the 16mm print they used for the video transfer.
The retail price will be $49.99.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for the music-only track. I have some mouse problems I need to get under control. :)
Nice gag -- one of the better ones I've seen today.
Ryan

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Can we get the MST3k version, and then a retrospective commentary by MST3K gang about the heckling of the film?

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
Now if they'd only release the Director's Cut of ROBOT MONSTER... :D
Johnny B.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
You left out the featurettes: "From Fertilizer To Film: The Hal Warren Story" and the clips from the forthcoming musical "Oh Torgo! My Torgo!"

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
I tell you what I would absolutely be fascinated by would be a Criterion Collection disc of Teen-age Strangler. For any of you that remember MST3K well, that episode was sometime in season 5.
Might be the oddest film I ever saw.
Carrol

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Word to that, Mark Cappelletty. What good is my HT setup if I can't get the full effect of the haunting Torgo theme in 5.1 surround sound?
This thread rocks. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.