What's new

Criterion Newsletter (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Stagecoach was confirmed as coming from Criterion a while ago here. They've also given heavy hints of both SD and BD releases. A poster at the Criterion forum adds: "I recently talked to one of the trustees at the Caidin Trust who confirmed that the library of titles from the trust including Othello, I Married A Witch, To Be Or Not to Be, History is Made at Night has been licensed to Criterion in addition to Stagecoach."
I'd be surprised if they didn't also release The Long Voyage Home, which has also gone OOP from Warners.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the tip, John. Couple other titles being thrown around in that thread include FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT, YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, and an apparent confirmation of NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Don't know whether I'm going to double-dip on the ex-Warner stuff but the other movies mentioned in the last two posts are very tempting.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Unless the titles previously released like FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT get the BD treatment I'll be doing the same, sticking with the disc I already have and taking a pass.

I am glad to see Criterion going after more classic Hollywood era films though.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have read in the past that people found hints regarding possible upcoming titles in their newsletters, leading to speculation that STAGECOACH and FRIENDS OF EDDUE COYLE among others were coming up. I have just subscribed to this, and at the bottom of my e-mail, beside the promo for the theatertrical re-issue of KURONEKO (which looks cool), there is a hand-drawn alligator or croc dressed in a suit and tie and pointing one finger. Is this in line with the clues the rest of you have been getting? If so, I can't imagine what film it might portend, other than ALLIGATOR PEOPLE, a Fox film I am quite sure Criterion would have no interest in.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Over at Criterionforum.org they're saying it's most likely Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas on Blu-ray.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Got the newsletter today. Looks like I Married A Witch is making its way to the digital realm.

wackywedding.jpg

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Nice, the R2 import is nothing to get excited about. If would be great if they could get The Ghost Goes West as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks