What's new

General Discussion The Criterion Channel Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Tom Logan

Second Unit
In my theater I use Amazon Firestick.

I can't find the Criterion Channel app anywhere on it to activate.

Anyone else able to?

Tom Logan

Second Unit
Thanks. :)

So I guess the early-subscriber perk of watching the movie-a-week until launch is available only on one's computer?

Popcorn1

Agent
Real Name
Richard
Finally something for Canadians too! THANK YOU!! All we have that I know of is Netflix, and the classic film selection is really the pits...

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
I've used the Netflix and Amazon apps bundled into my LG display to stream their programming. If I want to access the Criterion Channel am I correct that I'll need to either connect my laptop with HDMI to the LG (a clunky solution) or purchase one of the supported devices?

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Another thought/question: My LG has its own web browser. I should be able to access the Criterion Channel through the browser and view HD programming? I cannot imagine that the browser's view is more limited than the access provided by an app.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Have you tested the browser theory with other streaming services to see if you get best sound and image?

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Have you tested the browser theory with other streaming services to see if you get best sound and image?
Fail. Trying to watch Amazon Prime, a message displays that I need to update Google Chrome. Of course, the LG is using its proprietary browser, which leaves me unable to access Prime videos. Back to the drawing board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks