What's new

Creating A Television Network for Nickelodeon Classics (1 Viewer)

Jonathan F.

Auditioning
This discussion that i'm about to open up right now is about how Nickelodeon needs to bring back their classics on television. For all those original Nick fans out there, I know you desperately miss shows like All That (Seasons 1-6), Kenan And Kel, Rocko's Modern Life, Clarissa Explains It All, The Angry Beavers, Doug, Cousin Skeeter, etc. I'm making a proposal that Nick should create a channel for their classics because it will just bring us back to the good years of Nickelodeon's run on cable television. These programs really made us felt like we were glad being kids. So if Nick can sastify the fans of today with their current shows, then they can surely sastify us with bringing back the good old shows that we all love! Feel free to open me up with any of your opinions because if agreements are made, then Nick should be convinced to take this action.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
With all the channels Nick runs I'm surprised they haven't run something along these lines. I've wanted something like this for years now, as I'm sure you have. The shows you mentioned, plus shows like Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude!, Eureekas Castle, Pinwheel, David the Gnome, Koala Koala etc... would be golden! On NickGAS they run the same shows over and over and over again (but they're shows I wouldn't mind seeing on NickClassics or NickGold heh) but it just shows they don't mind running the same few programs over and over during a full day/night schedule.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I too would love a classic Nickelodeon channel. Add The Adventures of the Little Koala (I guess this is Koala Koala?), Maya the Bee, Today's Special, Welcome Freshmen, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics (A Must!), The Elephant Show, The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Adventures of Pete & Pete to the line up.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Nickelodeon is evil because it brainwashed a generation of kids into thinking that it's OK to pay for advertising-supported TV.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Jesse, friend, none of those kids EVER took care of the cable bill from Daddy. So Nick brainwashed the kids into being freeloaders, more likely. LOL

As for Nick Classics, come on, now, how many networks does one universe need? Forget it--put all those "classic" 10 year old shows on dvd and get on with life. I wouldn't mind a season boxed set of Amanda, really.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
When I read the title I thought this thread was going to be shows that aired back when Nick first started, not the early 90s stuff. Shows like Pinwheel, Maple Town, You Can't Do That on Television, The Raccoons, Mr. Wizard, Esteban and the Seven Cities of Gold... basically back when they there showing practically all the young adult and children shows that Canda produced.

My generation was the first to grow up with the infancy of Cable Television... back when networks like Nick and Disney Channel first appeared. I'd really like to see some of these shows again. What Nick needs is their own version of Boomerang (which shows a lot of the stuff that re-aired on USA back when it first started).

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
Show's I liked back in the day, on Nickelodeon, include the following:

-The Adventures of the Little Koala
-Noozles
-Today's Special
-Hey Dude
-Salute Your Shorts
-Mr. Wizard
-You Can't Do That On Television (Getting slimed originated on this show if i'm not mistaken)
-Count Duckula (Which just got released on DVD recently. :))
-David the Gnome
-Double Dare (Which they show on Nickelodeon Gas. Mark Summers is the man.)

Although I watched Ren and Stimpy, Doug, and Rugrats all the time when I was younger, I never really was fond of them, as I am the shows I listed above.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

God, I loved those shows back then. Course I'm sure if I saw a minute of either of them now, I'd probably have a different attitude. :)

I think I remember Pinwheel (that David mentioned above) too but only the theme seems to stick in my mind. When I saw that, I was proabably very young and the show was probably already in reruns.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Ooh, I forgot that one in my list. I'd love to see that again, just for nostalgia.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It's a great idea, since there are a couple that I would love to buy on DVD, but for the most part, I'm guessing these wouldn't be as entertaining as they were when I was 8 years old. Just watching a few episodes for nostalgia would be enough.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts haven't dated well, but The Adventures of Pete and Pete is still funny and well-written. It holds up the best out of the "classic" Nickelodeon shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks