What's new

Crawdaddy's "Random Thoughts" about Home Video, Film & TV (8 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I lived through that era and I don't remember that film with Campbell and Namath pictured above. Since this is a Paramount title, I have some doubts, but, Olive has been releasing some titles that are not exactly "A" titles so there is a chance.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Hey, Robert!

I never know where to ask about something like this. I can never keep track of which boutique distributor has contracts with which studios, etc.

There was a Paramount release in 1970 of a film called Norwood. Is there any way a film like that might even get a DVD release?

norwood-us-lobbycar-bottom-and-top-from-left-glen-campbell-joe-namath-E5NJC4.jpg
I remember this film. I liked it. Glen also sang his tune "Everything A Man Could Ever Need". There used to be IB Tech prints in the 16mm market available. I would pick it up on DVD or Blu-ray.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I lived through that era and I don't remember that film with Campbell and Namath pictured above. Since this is a Paramount title, I have some doubts, but, Olive has been releasing some titles that are not exactly "A" titles so there is a chance.

Thanks. I was 11 in 1970...but was a Campbell superfan (although we didn't have that word back then!) and saw the film in the theater. Only time I've ever seen it. It probably wouldn't hold up very well for me...especially given the main cast...but I'd still like to see it.

I remember this film. I liked it. Glen also sang his tune "Everything A Man Could Ever Need".

Love that song, John. He sang a few others for the film, too..including Me & My Guitar and the title track.

This was Campbell's follow-up to True Grit (reuniting him with Kim Darby). I remember back at that time hearing that he had been signed to a three picture deal. But that third picture never materialized.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow. I never knew that Joe Namath was actually in a feature-length film. About the only thing I remember him in was playing himself in a Brady Bunch episode.
I remember him being in two films. One was a western in which he played a former Confederate soldier. The other was a motorcycle gang film.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
He's been in a lot of movies, right up to The Wedding Ringer a couple of years ago, often playing himself.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He's been in a lot of movies, right up to The Wedding Ringer a couple of years ago, often playing himself.
I'm talking about movies in which he was the male leading actor in the film. Of such films, I only remember those two films and not the third that Mike asked about. Sure, there might be more of them, but, off the top of my head I can't recall them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the list. None of those films are familiar to me, which explains my surprise at seeing him listed as one of the main actors in Norwood.
During the time of those film releases I lived in the NYC Metro area so of course those films were publicized quite a bit for Broadway Joe. I remember C.C. and Company especially due to his leading lady.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Joe was obviously riding high after Super Bowl III. I even remember a lot of publicity for CC and Company...but never saw the film. I was a little young (and a Colt fan! :angry: ). :laugh:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Joe was obviously riding high after Super Bowl III. I even remember a lot of publicity for CC and Company...but never saw the film. I was a little young (and a Colt fan! :angry: ). :laugh:
Yes ...but Joe made popcorn with the butter already on it ... ;)
I had one similar one but there were two issues - the oil would scorch the popcorn if you didn't unplug it shortly after the popcorn started popping (and not all of it would be used) and the Lexan(R) lid cracked ... :popcorn:

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes ...but Joe made popcorn with the butter already on it ... ;)
I had one similar one but there were two issues - the oil would scorch the popcorn if you didn't unplug it shortly after the popcorn started popping (and not all of it would be used) and the Lexan(R) lid cracked ... :popcorn:

Joe also wore a pretty sexy panty hose. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday, I viewed The Hucksters, a 1947 film that I always enjoyed especially Sidney Greenstreet role and performance. I believe this was Deborah Kerr's American film debut.

MV5BMDUyZWZlZTUtOWYzYS00YTg5LWI5N2QtYmEzYzU1NGIwNjBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SX1279_CR0,0,1279,999_AL_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks