What's new

Craptacular LEGEND news (1 Viewer)

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Well, AICN has a report from last night's screening of Blade Runner in LA, where Ridley Scott did a Q&A. He talked a bit about the upcoming Legend DVD. Sounds like there might be a theatrical reissue, but the DVD probably won't street until late 2002. I have my doubts about it hitting the theatres, but maybe with his post-Gladiator pull...
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=10291
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious, where do you get late 2002?
"Also, later this year or sometime early next year, we will finally see the director's cut of "Legend" with half an hour of footage restored to the film. He is either referring to the DVD that is due later this year or a brief rerelease next year."
Sounds like late 2001/early 2002 to me.
Jim
patriot.gif

[Edited last by Jim Bivins on September 25, 2001 at 09:45 PM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
He's talking about Blade Runner, his new cut may get a new theatrical run and the DVD for next Christmas. He says that Legend is coming before the end of the year
Jeff Kleist

Joe D

Supporting Actor
This is great news of Legend being released late this year, early next year. I can't wait to get it. I also can't wait for Blade Runner. Ahh, the waiting game.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Near the end of the article:
As the Q/A went on he also dropped a nice little update on a new possible re-release of Legend with 25 minutes added back in. Even if the re-release doesn't happen the deluxe DVD will be out by X-mas 2002.
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Mark, in all fairness, over half of the time, the search function is down. And to be honest, EVERY SINGLE time you post something on here, do you bother to do a search to see if what youre about to say was already said?

Real Name
Charles de Lauzirika
Mark, in all fairness, over half of the time, the search function is down. And to be honest, EVERY SINGLE time you post something on here, do you bother to do a search to see if what youre about to say was already said?
In this case, one wouldn't even need to use the search function if they just bothered to take a look at the active threads from within the last day or two. When this thread was created, the original (and more accurate) thread was still clearly accessible on page 2 of the current topics.
The only thing that's "craptacular" here is that this repetitive thread is based on mostly false information and poor reporting. At least Mark did his best to clarify things in both threads.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Can we please put a stop to any more Legend threads until we at least get an official street date? We all read the same websites pretty much, so there's really no point in re-reporting this stuff, to say nothing of the fact that these reports are almost always erroneous.
Nobody wants this DVD more than me, but this is a bit ridiculous. I think we all know that this DVD will hit some time within the next 6 months, and aside from an official Universal press release, we've heard it all already.
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Sorry-- I didn't know the search function was down. However, be sure to look through the first two or three pages of active threads before posting a new topic.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
First off, AICN isn't exactly the #1 accuracy news source
That's a typo, Universal wants it out to ie-in with LOTR, and Charles De Lauzerika(sorry, sp?) said that he's almost done. Why wait another year?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks