What's new

RLJE Press Release: James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
JAMES CAMERON’S

STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION

81Y8eTib0zL._SX522_.jpg

On DVD and Blu-ray July 28, 2020

LOS ANGELES (July 6, 2020) –RLJE Films, a business unit of AMC Networks, will release the sci-fi documentary series JAMES CAMERON’S STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION on July 28, 2020 on DVD and Blu-ray. The series originally aired on AMC Networks in 2018 as part of the AMC Visionaries series.
The show is hosted by Academy Award winner James Cameron (Avatar, Titanic) and features interviews with the who’s who of science fiction movies and television, including Steven Spielberg (Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial), George Lucas (Star Wars Franchise), Ridley Scott (The Martian, Blade Runner), Christopher Nolan (Tenet, Interstellar), Will Smith (Men in Black, I Am Legend), Arnold Schwarzenegger (Predator, Terminator), and Bruce Willis (Die Hard, The Sixth Sense). RLJE Films will release JAMES CAMERON’S STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION on DVD and Blu-ray for an SRP of $34.97.

JAMES CAMERON’S STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION
is a uniquely intimate look at science fiction's roots, futuristic vision and our fascination with its ideas through interviews by James Cameron with A-list storytellers, stars and other whose careers have defined the field, including Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Will Smith and Sigourney Weaver, among many others. Cameron takes us on a journey of discovery and exploration, helping us understand where science fiction's ideas came from - and where they're taking us.

JAMES CAMERON’S STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION DVD and Blu-ray include the following bonus features:

• · Extended Interviews with Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, Guillermo Del Toro and Arnold Schwarzenegger

[TD valign="top"]
STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION DVD
Genre: Documentary, Sci-Fi
Rating: TV-14
Language: English
Subtitles: English SDH
Format: Color
Year: 2018
SRP: $34.97
Length: 252 minutes
UPC: 014381129793
Cat#: AMC12979DVD
Aspect Ratio: 16x9/1.78:1
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1[/TD]

[TD valign="top"] STORY OF SCIENCE FICTION BLU-RAY
Genre: Documentary, Sci-Fi
Rating: TV-14
Language: English
Subtitles: English SDH
Format: Color
Year: 2018
SRP: $34.97
Length: 252 minutes
UPC: 014381129809
Cat#: AMC12980BD
Aspect Ratio: 16x9/1.78:1
Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1[/TD]

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Never heard of this. But,, while I'm on the phone with you personally, Mr. Cameron <_< , and speaking of science-fiction....WHERE THE HELL IS THE BLU-RAY OF THE ABYSS, which would you have pretty much said was coming for many years. C'mon...how much more needs to be done to this before it meets your standards?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Right? Cameron repeatedly cites "I just don't have the time" as justification for not working on getting The Abyss and True Lies released in HD/4K, but 2-3 years ago apparently he finds the time to work on this series? Please. It has nothing to do with his "standards." Just what IS his problem???

Last edited:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Saw this program material when it originally aired on AMC. If you have seen these types of programs before, then you kind of know what to expect from this series. Certainly worth a look for fans of SF films. Having seen it, I'll forgo a purchase until it is selling at a discounted price.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Just what IS his problem???
As always, I think it has to do with him being only really interested in new projects. This a new project for him and The Abyss & True Lies are the past. As much as I want to see those movies get an HD (at this point, a 4K) release, I have to give it up to any filmmaker that can still get new movies made and doesn't just live in the past & nostalgia.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
As always, I think it has to do with him being only really interested in new projects. This a new project for him and The Abyss & True Lies are the past. As much as I want to see those movies get an HD (at this point, a 4K) release, I have to give it up to any filmmaker that can still get new movies made and doesn't just live in the past & nostalgia.

Well, I have to disagree Travis. The amount of time Cameron would have to spend getting these two films out there at LEAST in HD is trivial. He knows that there's a fairly large and vocal fan base that has been clamoring for it to happen for years now. Heck, The Abyss is only available on physical disc as a NON-ANAMORPHIC DVD, and here we sit in the 21st century.

Anyway, this issue has been hashed and rehashed. IMO Cameron should take a queue from Spielberg, a MUCH more prolific modern filmmaker who has somehow managed to find the time in his busy schedule to mentor getting all of his work released on both Blu-ray and 4K.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have to disagree Travis. The amount of time Cameron would have to spend getting these two films out there at LEAST in HD is trivial.
I'm not saying that he feels that it would take alot of his time. I think it's just that he isn't interested whether it takes 6 hours or 6 months. He only really cares about what's new. The question to me is why can't he just get a trusted collaborator to give the thumbs up to a new transfer for his older movies.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm not saying that he feels that it would take alot of his time. I think it's just that he isn't interested whether it takes 6 hours or 6 months. He only really cares about what's new. The question to me is why can't he just get a trusted collaborator to give the thumbs up to a new transfer for his older movies.

Exactly. You'd think that by now something could have been arranged and we'd all be happy. I only commented on the time issue because that's been his excuse every time he's made a public comment about releasing these two films properly.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't have any information at all on these titles.

However, my thought right now is if there is an additional cog in the wheel due to Disney now controlling Fox.

I wonder how important it is to them to see either of these two films released in 4k.

I mean, they announced HOME ALONE but outside of that, 4k output has been pretty sparse.

Fritzl Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Chuck
I saw this on AMC as well, months ago. Pretty entertaining if you admire these filmmakers he has a chat with. You can get a sense of where these guys can get their creature ideas. I believe it's George Lucas that tells Cameron that visits to a local aquarium, studying the exotic sealife, aided him in visualizing what some of his SW characters should resemble. My favorite exchange is between Cameron & Spielberg. You can witness the mutual admiration these guys have for each other. Spielberg recounts a funny incident involving Stanley Kubrick sending him faxes at all hours to apprise Spielberg of his ideas for the production of "AI: Artificial Intelligence".

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw this on AMC as well, months ago. Pretty entertaining if you admire these filmmakers he has a chat with. You can get a sense of where these guys can get their creature ideas. I believe it's George Lucas that tells Cameron that visits to a local aquarium, studying the exotic sealife, aided him in visualizing what some of his SW characters should resemble. My favorite exchange is between Cameron & Spielberg. You can witness the mutual admiration these guys have for each other. Spielberg recounts a funny incident involving Stanley Kubrick sending him faxes at all hours to apprise Spielberg of his ideas for the production of "AI: Artificial Intelligence".
Yeah, all the talk of The Abyss did derail the main topic of the thread because these shows were pretty cool. It's fun to get to hear very influential and famous filmmakers talking to each other about movies.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Not as always...He went back to convert TITANIC and TERMINATOR 2 to 3D.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Me Cameron as for this but ray set.
#NoThanks.

Jimmie, get back to me when we get the long cut of the Abyss in Blu-ray and 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks