What's new

Coupons & Bargains Forum gone? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was coming here to post on this very subject!
Has all of my hard work on the Weekly Roundups been eliminated? :eek: I searched for "all threads started by David Lambert" to see if these were moved to a different area, but no...alas, they seem to be gone.
Also, my post count - which was well on into the range of either almost 2100 or 2200 (I forget which), is now back below 2000 again. That's indicative to me that the deleted posts in that section were "erased from the dawn of time", and aren't shown as part of my HTF experience any more.
So, what happenned? What's the scoop, gang?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,

Obviously this was an unintentional error.

As soon as I can contact Parker, we will look

into restoring the area -- that is -- unless

it has been combined with something else. I am

getting used to this new subdivision as you are.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Phew! I thought something might have happened in this area which may have caused it to close down, but I was relieved by Ron's response. Thanks for the hard work, Dave. :emoji_thumbsup: I look forward to your weekly roundup posts.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
Thanks Ron.
I really would like to see this area restored as well. I visit it almost every day to see what bargins are out there. If it has been combined with something else, please make a general anouncement so that everyone knows the latest. :D
Thanks.

John Fieldstadt

Stunt Coordinator
I too was looking for this today. It is always my first stop here. I appreciate everyone's input there, especially David's. Thanks for looking into it Ron.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Ron add me to the list, I usually browse the Coupons and Bargains daily as well. I was hoping to David's weekly roundup today since it is Tuesday. David, if you read this could you post your weekly roundup to this thread?

I do like the new layout though.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If it's not up by the time I get home then I'll post it somewhere. Sorry I don't have the info with me.

All I can say is that, off the top of my head, Best Buy seemed to have the best price on everything I posted (Blind Date, Used Cars, Klute, Follow That Bird, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, and Ghost World) except for Captain Corelli's Mandolin, which was tied for cheapest at CostCo and Circuit City. I hope I'm not misremembering, but I don't think so.

I was definately going to go to Best Buy for Used Cars ($14.99), Jay Jay ($12.99), and - if OAR - Follow That Bird ($12.99). I don't care about CCM or GW, and I'll wait on Klute for now. I'd get Blind Date just for John L's psychotic performance, but $19.99 is too much for this title right now...I'll wait for a markdown.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
My post count is down as well from 670+ to just above 600. Coupons/Bargains is always my first stop too.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if they rolled it into the Software/Hardware/TV area as long as they gave us a tag that would appear next to the post to let people know it was a deal.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Coupons and Bargains was always my first stop too...please try to recreate this area again!

Thanks for your help!

--Tom

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I removed Coupons and Bargains as a large number of members suggested that it should be removed due to low postings.

I will start it back up again but all posts that were in that area are gone. Sorry about that. That is why some of your post counts are down due to the number of posts that you made in the Coupons and Bargains area. When I remove any posts made by a member their post count also goes down.

Parker

Stephen L

Second Unit
Glad to see its coming back. This is a place a stop everytime I visit HTF.Although I don't usually post there I always want to checkout David Lambert's weekly update and whatever else members have found.Thanks Parker and Ron for putting the forum back and thanks go to David Lambert for the useful and imformitive updates each week.:emoji_thumbsup:

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
no GHOST WORLD at Target... ugh... now I have to drive to Best Buy or Circuit City. Dave, is there any chance they have it at Costco this week? It would save me a 15 mile drive :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The section is back, for those who missed seeing it (it's not in the same place in the listing as it used to be).
Thanks for all of your support and love for my Roundups, guys...and thanks to Parker & Ron for bringing the section back.
When I get home I'll repost the roundup info from this past week...after dinner, okay? The prices won't change before tomorrow. Remember: Best Buy mainly this week, except for the Mandolin thing. Rob Lutter: I don't think so.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Had to restart my heart, I had bookmarked the area and I was shocked to see an error when trying to access it. Had HTF been hit by a bomb and been taken off the face of earth? Oh boy, what happened... phew only the coupon area (wait, that's my favorite!) And glad to see the HTF is still here!

Parker thanks for bringing it back. True that area isn't a "hot" as it was 2 years ago, but it's still a daily stop for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks