What's new

Counterfeit LG OLED? (1 Viewer)

seditious3

Grip
Real Name
Scott
A Chinese importer by me is "going out of business" and says he has 1 OLED65E6P new in the box, unopened, for a VERY good price. Are there any instances of fake or counterfeit LG OLED tvs anywhere? Is there anything I can look for to ensure it's genuine? Thanks!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Authentic LG manufactured OLED TVs have a white label on one side of the box and near the bottom of the label in large bold type it says US and then lists LG address. The s/n on the outer box white label should match the s/n plate on the back side of the TV,

Another thing to check to be sure it have not been opened. LG uses two white straps that do not use the normal buckets to secure them. So they are just very tight white straps that keeps the box closed.

I'm expecting prices to come down next week so if you don't buy this one you will have an opportunity to catch the sale from an authorized dealer.

Let me know if I can help further.

seditious3

Grip
Real Name
Scott
Thanks! He was selling it for 2200, but it's gone. I'm really looking forward to the price reduction. Is it a sale or permanent?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks