What's new

Could someone help me with my PIP question? (1 Viewer)

NolanJ

Second Unit
Hello,

I'm in need of a PIP splitter, in order to get the PIP on my HDTV television to work.

Currently I have my HD Cable Receiver connected to my TV with a DVI Cable.

Based on the research I've done, I need to split the cable wires, so that one end goes directly to the television and the other end goes thru my cable box to the VCR.

Question 1) Is this correct?

If this scenario is correct, I have a problem because I don't have a VCR, and my DVD player is connected thru component cables to the TV and thru a optical audio cable to my Onkyo receiver.

Question 2) What must be done in order for my PIP to work correctly?

Question 3) Will I even be ABLE to get my PIP to work correctly?

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
What you'll need to do is split the cable before it goes into the box and take one line to the box and the other line directly to one of the antennae jacks at the back of the TV and autoprogram that input of the TV.
Please be aware that this setup will only allow you to see the analog channels (usually below 99) on the PIP screen.
For example you will not be able to swap between 341 and 142 but you would be able to swap between 14 and 341.
Does that make any sense?

NolanJ

Second Unit
I think so. If I have questions with setup I'm sure you'll hear from me again =)

Tim K

Second Unit
there is a bigger problem...and that is that PIP will not work with any signal other than a 480i signal. If your HD box is set to output 480p, 720p or 1080i you will not be able to use PIP at all. In order for you to use PIP you will need to adjust your output to 480i and use standard video cables from your cable box (in addition to the DVI). Also, as mentioned, the feed that bypasses your cable box will only get you SOME of the analog channels and they will come in with different numbers than you are used to. I had PIP setup on my TV for about a week before I got tired of switching the output. I realized that I simply didn't need it.

Finally, if you decide to go with PIP anyway, make sure the splitter you get is a 1 ghz splitter otherwise the picture will be degraded especially the HD signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks