What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cool Edit 2000, anyone else have this? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
WAsn't sure quite where to put this one...

But does anyone have Cool Edit 2000? The strangest thing seems to happen in regards to it's MP3 Encoding. I noticed that when I install the program, the MP3 Encoding option is listed in the Save As section.

However, as soon as I use my registration exe file to register the program, the option for MP3's dissapears. On occasion, I can still open an MP3 file and save one, but this is very rare.

Has anyone else had this problem, and know how to permanetly get the MP3 function back?Don't want to have to spend 200$'s on the (presumably) over inflated Adobe version of this program..

THanks

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I've used the CoolEdit programs for a good while (now have the Adobe version) and I've never seen what you're talking about. The MP3 function has always worked.
I know for some versions of the Syntrillium program (the former owners) the MP3 function was an add-in module that you only got with certain registration #'s (or as an after installation add-in). It wasn't a standard function. This may have nothing to do with it, but that's the only thing I can think of.

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I haven't used that program for some time, but as I recall, there were several different "versions" of Cool Edit 2000--some with mp3 functionality (the Pro version, I think), some without. It all depended on what serial number you had. That you seem to have had the Pro version and it downgraded to the regular version when you reinstalled is odd.

My first suggestion is to uninstall the program, delete the program directory, and delete any registry entries related to the program, then reinstall. If that doesn't work, you may have to locate a different Pro serial number (the details on how to do that are forbidden here).

Otherwise, you'll probably have to purchase the new version.

-Mike

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I found out w hy my MP3 function isn't always there. Even though I payed for the Full version, it seems I downloaded the LITE version somehow instead. And my password is only for the Light Version.

Now, here's a question..

I found this at http://www.shopping.com/xGS-Cool_Edi...kin_id-3058180 . It says it's an upgrade version to Cool Edit 2000. Probably the same things, but without all the features the 200$ version has. So long as it has MP3 I'll be happy.

However, I can't find this version on the official adobe website for download. Anyone know if this is legit?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks