What's new

Coogan's Bluff ? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Does anyone know if we're likely to see COOGAN'S BLUFF on DVD anytime soon ? There's a bare-bones R2 available but I'm holding off on it in case there's a remastered R1 around the corner. It seems odd that such a great Clint Eastwood movie isn't available yet.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I have the region 2 edition. The anamorphic transfer is pretty good. There's some pretty bad grain in an early shot in the film, but on the whole, it's a decent transfer for the price. I, too am surprised that there isn't a region 1 edition yet, as the Play Misty For Me SE was a very good effort and Coogan's Bluff is an essential Siegel-Eastwood movie.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

And I believe the only Eastwood film (major film) that hasn't been released in R1... which is Universal if I'm not mistaken.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I think you're right, Herb.

That's strange, isn't it? I wonder why Universal are dragging their heels? Maybe they overlooked it. It's a pretty good movie, a bit dated though, but Clint's no-bullshit Coogan is a superb character. Harry Callahan is basically Coogan but without the 'stranger in a strange land' subtext. It's a good movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Oscar,
According to Digitalbits, Coogan's Bluff is coming out on June 1st along with several westerns. Now, the question is whether this release will be in OAR.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks