What's new

Convert WordArt To .gif ?? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Is it possible to convert Microsoft WordArt text into .gif files without losing resolution? If not gif, then jpg? anything?

thanks

Steven K

Supporting Actor
When all else fails, just do a PrintScrn of the entire window that the image is in, paste into graphic editor (ie, mspaint), and manually crop.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
With bitmap formats like GIF and JPG, you're basically saying, "These are the dots I've got", locking yourself into a particular resolution. And of course, your printer has a lot more resolution than the screen, so when you print, it will look lousy.

The best you could do is use a huge desktop, like 1600x1200 (whether it's legible or not, as long as your monitor can handle it), maximize the window, zoom in the page and/or scale the WordArt as big as you can get it, and PrintScreen that.

You really need a vector format like EPS or SVG, not that it would be easy to get WordArt into either of those. What exactly are you trying to do? Why can't you use WordArt?

//Ken

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
PrintScreen had crossed my mind, and it appear that it will work out after all.

I want to use WordArt in MS Frontpage for the title of my website. I always thought FrontPage had WordArt, but alas, it does not.

update: you can see my work by clicking on the link in my sig

Chris Britton

Auditioning
Frontpage (at least Frontpage 2002/XP) does have WordArt. My wife uses it all the time on the sites she creates. If you go to the View menu at the top and then to toolbars you should see the wordart toolbar. If not, you may not have installed it. To recap

View -> Toolbars -> WordArt

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks