Controlling 2 Sony DVD players with 1 remote

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jeff Lehr, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Jeff Lehr

Jeff Lehr Stunt Coordinator

I have 2 Sony DVD players (7000 and 330) at the same location. Is there any way I can control these independently with the same universal remote? I looked through the manuals to see if I could change the remote address of the players, but didn't find anything about it.
    Thanks,

Jeff

2. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

I believe all sonys use the same code. Therefore, you can't operate them at the same time independently. Unless... maybe if you put maskinf/electrical tape over one of the unit's IR sensors. You can then operate one of the at a time.

3. Jeff Lehr

Yeah, I figured that's how it was....just thought maybe someone had a tweak to somehow get around it...other than masking tape [​IMG]
    Thanks, tho...

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

So neither of these DVD players have the switchable remote code base? My 'C555ES unit and remote can be set to one of 2 code sets to deal with just this situation.

Doug

5. Jeff Lehr

Doesn't appear so...the manuals make no mention of being able to assign different remote codes to the players.
    I just thought I'd take a chance and ask in case someone would know otherwise.

Jeff