What's new

Controlling 2 Sony DVD players with 1 remote (1 Viewer)

Jeff Lehr

Stunt Coordinator
I have 2 Sony DVD players (7000 and 330) at the same location. Is there any way I can control these independently with the same universal remote? I looked through the manuals to see if I could change the remote address of the players, but didn't find anything about it.
Thanks,

Jeff

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I believe all sonys use the same code. Therefore, you can't operate them at the same time independently. Unless... maybe if you put maskinf/electrical tape over one of the unit's IR sensors. You can then operate one of the at a time.

Jeff Lehr

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I figured that's how it was....just thought maybe someone had a tweak to somehow get around it...other than masking tape :)
Thanks, tho...

Doug_B

Screenwriter
So neither of these DVD players have the switchable remote code base? My 'C555ES unit and remote can be set to one of 2 code sets to deal with just this situation.

Doug

Jeff Lehr

Stunt Coordinator
Doesn't appear so...the manuals make no mention of being able to assign different remote codes to the players.
I just thought I'd take a chance and ask in case someone would know otherwise.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks