What's new
World Wide Stereo

CONTROL KNOB ON CENTER CHANNELS? (1 Viewer)

MiguelP

Stunt Coordinator
I've notice on some Center Channel speakers have a control knob on the back. I've never seen one like one or seen it in person nor in higher end center channel speakers.

I went to yahoo and just type in center speakers on images and ive notice some of the center speakers they showed as a result have knobs in the back. It looks like you can change the voice levels or something, im not entirely sure,but that sounds cool.

I've just ordered a JBL EC25 Center Channel and I couldnt find any reviews about this center channel its it any good and I'm not sure if it has one of those knob thingys.

Heres one for example I saw at craigslist

http://d.im.craigslist.org/EU/lc/DJO...QW51OAV8Be.jpg

728x90

chuckg

Supporting Actor
The picture isn't clear enough to read the labels, but at a guess I'd say it is a high-frequency attenuator.

An awful lot of real movie theater speakers were made to sit behind the screen, which reduces the level on the highs. Most of these speakers were made with extra-loud highs, and then fitted with a knob to reduce the highs to make the final result (heard through the screen) come out correct.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
No knobs on the vast majority of center speakers. Yes it is cool, but it will cost you. If you really wanted an extra fine center, it would cost you about $400 and no knob. There is way more to center design than knob. For example, almost all center have woofer-tweeter-woofer. $400 design has woofer-woofer-tweeter and is made by M&K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks