What's new

Continental Seating (1 Viewer)

DerekB

Auditioning
Has anyone ever bought from a home theater seating company called Continental Seating? While I have e-mailed them for pricing, I am impressed by their several lines of seating, and their ability to construct many different configurations. If anyone has any experience dealing with this company, please let me know. Thanks

http://www.continentalseating.com/

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting...

The "Gable" chair looks suspiciously like the Berkline 090.

Pam

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
Derek -

Looks like an interesting option for those of us looking for HT furniture. You mentioned that you have e-mailed them for pricing - were they reasonable? Their website makes it sound like they only ship via common carrier - any feedback from them on cost for that type of shipping arrangement?

Jon

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
Just as a follow-up, I received my quote today. I was also able to talk to one of the principals of the company.

The MSRP price they have on their opening page of the website link above for the "Gable" set has a few issues:
1) It is priced per seat
2) That is the dealer price. Consumer price for the Gable per seat was quoted to me at $840 per seat. The arms and wedges and arms are $100 each.

I priced two other sets with "per seat" prices coming back to me of $725 (armless) to $1,320 (full dual-armed recliner). These prices did not include fabric (customer supplied per the quote). If you were looking at nice leather, the "per seat" price could exceed $2K.

This is definitely "high-end" furniture for those looking for this type of solution. I thought the posted website price was a classic "bait-and-hook" example. But after talking to the salesman and the owner, it looks like they have a nice product to offer (better be at that price).

Jon

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
At www.4seating.com I ordered a pair of their 'joined' top of the line Godfather seats in vinyl, including the extra slide down and out feature (like 'lazy-boy') in addition to standard relcine.
The total bill for the set, including shipping is just under 2k.
Of course leather or mounted bass speakers would spike the price.
They are built to order and are taking 4 to 5 weeks. I hope to have them next week and will post pix. The one thing that appealed to me was the overall style as well as color choice.

DerekB

Auditioning
I finally received my quote from Continental Seating. I was quoted on 2 chairs and a half, one sofa, and 3 chairs, all of the Connery line. Continental prices on a per chair unit basis, so a chair and a half is priced at 1.5 times a chair price, a sofa is at 3 times the chair price, and so on. For the lowest quality of leather (I believe they off six different grades, along with a lower priced vinyl), my quote for the above came out to just over $7k with shipping. Now, for the size of my order, I thought the quote was competitive. However, I was expecting the arrangement to come in somewhere south of $6k as I too was influenced a bit by the teser rates on their website (see Jon's previous post). All in all, I like the company's flexibility with arrangements and their overall product line. But I don't think I'll be plopping down $7k for seating quite yet.

The other route I thought of going was purchasing an arrangement of leather wing back chairs and a few sofas (I will have three levels in my theater), throw in a large ottoman footrest in the front row, and call it a day. I will sacrifice the cup holders and the true theater look, but I gain a few pieces of furniture that are versatile and attractive enough to use elsewhere in my home at some future date. And besides, if I use any sort of comfortable recliner in the room, no matter how exciting the movie is, I will surely fall asleep.

I'm anxious to hear everyone's thoughts on outfitting your home theater with "non-home-theater furniture".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks