Hello everyone!
Here are the latest photos about my HT project: Link Removed
Comments are welcome!
Timo

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Wow, I did not realize how rough the out side structure was. That's sunlight I see through the walls! It looks like it will be a big and cool looking theater once completed. what are the dimensions.
What am I doing here on the net, I have sheetrock work to do on mine! Got to get this done.
Wes

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Looks like a nice big home theatre. What are you going to put in it, overhead projection?
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Timo

Auditioning
I'm going to put a CRT -projector inside a table, that way it's easier to maintain and I can use a high gain reflecting screens. But there is a major problem: I do not know which projector I'm going to buy. 10 feet wide picture requires good quality projector...

EarlR

Stunt Coordinator
Timmo
You will have to drive the guns in a CRT projector very hard to get a good picture on a screen 10 feet wide. I would recommend looking into a JVC DILA G-15. I have this setup and am very happy with the picture quality using a Rock+ scalar. If you want to stay with CRT you would have to use a projector with 8 inch guns at a minimum and more likely a 9 inch projector.
Earl
------------------

Timo

Auditioning
Yes, I know the problem about CRT -projectors. Wide picture needs a very powerful projector, 8" tubes at least.
D-ILA is good technology. Only bigger problem, which I have heard, is very expensive bulbs. $500+ each and maximum lifespan of 2000 hours. I've heard that these D-ILA's are quite noisy too. Correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks