What's new

construction on sub has begun (1 Viewer)

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
update on my first ever DIY dvc12 Original SVS driver subwoofer.
I would like to thank Dustin B for all your help in getting me started with this project. you guys who help us newbies out are truely awesome. thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is the basic design
subwoofer.jpg

and this is what i have put together so far.
sub1.jpg

this will be a 3.15^3 box. using the .dvc12 . tuned to 22hz. using 4" pvc with a 90degree elbow to get the port in the front. with the front hole flared with a round-over bit. (thanks for the idea Patrick s.) the corner moldings and top will be natural stained oak knotted pine to match the veneer on the entertainment center. and the middle painted with a crakle type paint. the spikes will be the parts express dayton ones.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Nice, make sure the texture doesn't overpower the design.

That color looks like white oak? Anyways, Good luck with the paint and finish.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
O.K. im ready to order the driver. but before i do i feel like i might have buyers remorse if i get the dayton dvc12.

it is only about 10 bucks cheaper than the shiva after shipping(since acoustic-visions has free shipping with the shiva)

please help me decide.!!!!!!!!!!!!

wich will be best for my box. as of right now im leaning toward the dvc12. but is the shiva a better buy for only ten bucks more?

please leave your thoughts

Thanks

Michael Do

Agent
where were you when PE have it on sale for $85? You won't be disappointed going with the 12DVC but don't take my word for it since I have only experience with the 12DVC.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
i just pulled my old amp off the optimus sub and low an behold it will handle 4ohm's.

that puts a little twist on things. how does the blueprint 1201 fit in now? is this a good driver for $91? or is the dvc12 a better buy for 10 more bucks?

thanks

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I think you should download WinISD or Unibox and experiment w/ all the different drivers you're considering. I had the dvc 12 in a car setup and it sounded good. I sold that and picked up the dvc 15 on sale, but haven't the cash for an amp. I bet if you wait long enough, the dvc drivers will go on sale again.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
just got someone to sell me there old SVS. driver. :D :D :cool:
i cant wait. should be able to try out the sub by the weekend.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
:D :D :D
Just hooked up the sub for a trial listen before i put the finishing touches on it.
Everyone is asleep here so i cant really turn it up.....but holy @$&* this thing is going to rock.
this SVS driver was a great deal. i will have about $120 bucks into this thing when im done. And i already think its better than any of the subs i heard at my local high end store. i think it was the paradigm 2200 or something that sounded the best yhat they had. but it was like $800 bucks.
i know im upgrading from a really crappy sub but this is amazing. im only using the 120watt amp off of the old optimus but i dont think i will need to upgrade for a while. I cant wait to see what this thing will do. I will post more pics when im done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks