1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

this is the final design for my first sub.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Meissner, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]
    this will be a 3.15^3 box. using the dayton DVC12. tuned to 22hz. using 4" pvc with a 90degree elbow to get the port in the front. with the front hole flared with a round-over bit. (thanks for the idea Patrick s.) the corner moldings and top will be natural stained oak and the middle painted with a crinkle type paint. the spikes will be the parts express dayton ones.

2. Michael Do

Michael Do Agent

You're gonna have a hard time squeezing the port into that small box.

3. Joe Meissner

its already in!!!!!!!! 4 inch port with a 90 degree elbow.

4. Joe Meissner

sorry to be so short.....but we were having a party.

my sub box is in progress right now. the box is built and the holes are cut. I have the port already measured and glued. and fited in the box. I just need to make a couple more braces and then start glueing. I have not ordered the driver yet but i hope to this week. I wish i had the extra cash to get the amp at parts express since its on sale. but i can only get one or the other and since i have an amp i can use for now i'll have to stick with the driver first.

I cant wait to hear what this will sound like. I have an old optimus 10 inch sub now. i thought it sounded pretty good until i listened to a freind of mines JBL 12. and from what ive read a diy sub should put that JBL to shame. hopefully i will be done with it in 2 weeks or so. ill try to get some pics of the progress.

let me know what you think of the design

thanks