this is the final design for my first sub.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Meissner, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]
    this will be a 3.15^3 box. using the dayton DVC12. tuned to 22hz. using 4" pvc with a 90degree elbow to get the port in the front. with the front hole flared with a round-over bit. (thanks for the idea Patrick s.) the corner moldings and top will be natural stained oak and the middle painted with a crinkle type paint. the spikes will be the parts express dayton ones.

2. Michael Do

Michael Do Agent

You're gonna have a hard time squeezing the port into that small box.

3. Joe Meissner

its already in!!!!!!!! 4 inch port with a 90 degree elbow.

4. Joe Meissner

sorry to be so short.....but we were having a party.

my sub box is in progress right now. the box is built and the holes are cut. I have the port already measured and glued. and fited in the box. I just need to make a couple more braces and then start glueing. I have not ordered the driver yet but i hope to this week. I wish i had the extra cash to get the amp at parts express since its on sale. but i can only get one or the other and since i have an amp i can use for now i'll have to stick with the driver first.

I cant wait to hear what this will sound like. I have an old optimus 10 inch sub now. i thought it sounded pretty good until i listened to a freind of mines JBL 12. and from what ive read a diy sub should put that JBL to shame. hopefully i will be done with it in 2 weeks or so. ill try to get some pics of the progress.

let me know what you think of the design

thanks