What's new

Consoles onto PC? (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Besides those consoles having VGA outs, is there another way of plugging in say a Gamecube into a PC? I heard about TV tuners but I'm getting mixed opinions on it, some saying its good, others sa ythere's a 1 second delay. U guys have any suggestions?

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
There is a "little black box" that allows you to display any current- or last-generation console on a VGA monitor. I don't remember the name, but it was discussed in the Wii thread in the hardware forum. If I remember correctly it costs about $60, requires you to have component output cables for your console, and is currently out of stock.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Rob, I believe you're talking about the VDigi Component to VGA Transcoder. They're back in stock. Eric, if you're fine with a used one, send me a private message.

http://www.vdigi.com/

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Thanks for the reply guys. I am leaning more on a PCI add on card that can pass a composite signal. I guess I'll just "audition" a few and check it ut myself.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
On my PCI card there is definitely a ~1 second delay. Makes games all but unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks