1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Connection question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mark Paquette, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

This seems pretty basic, but I didn't have an answer for it, so I'm turning to the "HTF." I have a friend who has a Panasonic DVD-R31 DVD player and she's trying to connect it to an older RCA TV that only has a coax input. Is there any way to connect this? Would a VCR that has RCA video and sound inputs help? Is there some kind of converter available? Or is a new TV the only option? Thanks.

2. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

She can purchase an RF modulator from Radio Shack. This will allow composite input from the dvd player and output coaxil to the TV. This will of course degrade the image quality. The best bet is to get a new TV with at least S-Video inputs when she can, but in the meantime, an RF modulator will work. You cannot go through a VCR into the TV due to the Macrovision blocking.