What's new

Configuring Yamaha RX-V2200 and B&W DM600 series (1 Viewer)

BryanEB

Agent
Hey all,

I was hoping to get some help configuring a Yamaha RX-V2200 receiver using B&W DM602's as mains, CC-6 as center and DM601's as rears. I also have an M&K subwoofer.

Would you set the front/rears/center as small or large? And should I set the LFE to only go to the sub, or to both the speakers and sub?

Any additional recommendations are appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Bryan

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I would run all of your speakers as 'small', with the LFE going to the sub only. The 602's produce decent bass for their size, but still do not go low enough to handle low LFE frequencies.

I run my 602 surrounds and LCR6 center as small with my Son 50ES receiver. The sub is a B&W ASW1000.

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same B&W setup as you and a Paradigm 2200 on a ONKYO 676...I have them all set to small and the sub picking up the LFE.

Lewis_W

Agent
Its up to you. The DM602's will be able to cope with being set to "large", but if you have a good enough sub to do all the bass work, you might as well run them as "small".

Do you play at extremely loud volume levels that may cause damage to the DM602's?

Hope this helps.

Lewis.

BryanEB

Agent
I'd like to think my sub is good enough to handle all the bass. It's an M&K MX-125 MKII.

I can't really play stuff very loud -- ya know, neighbors and such.

Thanks again,

Bryan

BryanEB

Agent
Has anyone else bought a Yamaha receiver recently at Good Guys (or anywhere else)?

Mine has a little sticker on the outside saying that the receiver has passed Yamaha factory specifications or something along those lines. The box is also has 2 sets of staple holes, but only 1 set of staples.

Just wondering if this is something new that Yamaha does or if I bought a repackaged/refurbished unit without knowing it.

Thanks,

Bryan

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my rx-v1200 at Good Guys as soon as it came out last year, and if I recall correctly, it does have that little sticker. Isn't it gold? (I don't have the box w/me). The box did have two sets of staples, on on each side. Maybe one of your staples was loose during shipping and fell. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Let me know if the sticker you're talking about is gold.

-Vic

BryanEB

Agent
Yeah it's the gold sticker. Also, there are 2 staples, but there are also 2 holes where it looks like 2 staples were before. In other words, if I pull out the 2 staples, there are 4 holes where staples were.

Another thing I noticed was that the tape on the box was cut on the sides of the box, but sealed along the top.

I'm probably just being paranoid, but I just want to be sure.

Thanks,

Bryan

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
Bryan,

If the sticker was sealing the top, I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps one of the employees was all set to open the whole box to use the receiver for display when another employee told him that they alread had opened up another box to use as display. You never know. :p)

-Vic

Lewis_W

Agent
You're M&K MX-125 MKII will handle sub bass brilliantly. You have no worries there!

You'll have no problem setting everything to small and using the M&K for all the bass. Personally myself, I would set the 602's large, and the CC6 and 601's to small.

Cheers,

Lewis.

DougO

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my take. When listening to anything HT-like (TV in DPL2, DVD movie (DD/DTS)) set all your speakers to SMALL and LFE to subwoofer only. When listening to stereo, set your mains to large and bass/LFE to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks