What's new

computer/ht integration (1 Viewer)

Todd Bohlke

Agent
I have a friend who's looking to use a pc that will store his mp3s and movies to view on his tv. What hardware will he need in order to do this? Will he need to setup a dedicated monitor or is there a way he can do this through the tv? Thanks!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This question will get better response in the Computers/HTPC area which I am moving it to.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Any sound card will work. I'm using a generic sound card, with a stereo mini plug to RCA converter, which connects to my HT. Sound isn't the greatest, but they are MP3s afterall.

For video, you'll need a video card with at least composite output to be able to supply a signal to the TV.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
For an HTPC the most important part is arguably the video card. A Radeon All-In-Wonder should have all the TV-in and out capabilties you need.

Something else important is a quiet power supply. The Fortron/Sparkle 300w is super quiet and has great build quality.

For sound you can get a motherboard with onboard sound that has digital coax/toslink outputs. Also if it's a media PC with movies don't skimp on the HD. I'd say at least 80gigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks