What's new

International Compulsion (1959). New U.K. Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
New UK label Signal One Entertainment has made an extremely promising debut with their initial Blu-ray releases licensed from Fox and MGM. The label's latest release - and from a new 4K restoration - is Richard Fleischer's excellent COMPULSION, a compelling film which, with its finely detailed black and white CinemaScope photography, is a major upgrade from the DVD. It's long been one of my favourite films containing excellent performances from Bradford Dillman, Dean Stockwell, E. G. Marshall and Orson Welles.

Signal One have been providing substantial extras along with their releases and COMPULSION is no exception. Amongst other extras on the disc are two National Film Theatre audio interviews with Richard Fleischer, who was particularly adept in making films based on real life crime such as THE BOSTON STRANGLER, TEN RILLINGTON PLACE and this one. Please note that this disc is locked to region B. I'm rather surprised that it hasn't already appeared on Twilight Times's schedule.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Your post Doug made me check out this new company.
Compulsion seems to be the pick of the bunch amongst B features and aging erotica.
Good news though and cheers for letting everyone know.
Hoping for some more titles from them like this one.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Your post Doug made me check out this new company.
Compulsion seems to be the pick of the bunch amongst B features and aging erotica.
Good news though and cheers for letting everyone know.
Hoping for some more titles from them like this one.

B features and aging erotica?

Are we talking about the same label? Signal have released the following titles so far:

Cherry 2000; The Honey Pot; Last Embrace; River’s Edge; Hidden Agenda; On the Beach; The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane; Gas.s.s; Mr Majestyk; Doc; The Trip; The Seven Ups (March 7); Black Widow (March 7).

john a hunter

Screenwriter
B features and aging erotica?

Are we talking about the same label? Signal have released the following titles so far:

Cherry 2000; The Honey Pot; Last Embrace; River’s Edge; Hidden Agenda; On the Beach; The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane; Gas.s.s; Mr Majestyk; Doc; The Trip; The Seven Ups (March 7); Black Widow (March 7).

To each their own, of course Doug, but apart from some titles, things like Cherry 2000, Trip Gas..s, Majestyk, etc for me don't get the juices flowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks