What's new

Component Video Switcher (1 Viewer)

James_T

Stunt Coordinator
My current receiver (Marantz SR-7000) is incapable of component video switching... can someone recommend a reasonably priced external switcher that can switch between at least 3 sources? Also where can I find it? Thanks.

James_T

Stunt Coordinator
I just read in another thread that someone has used a radio shack a/v selector to switch between component video sources... does this work with no resolution loss? It just sounds too easy.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it is too easy, but true. (I figure that if I'm wrong, someone will chime in.) I did ask about this on another thread, but it sort of got lost after last Tuesday.
I'm using a Sony A/V switcher right now with 3 imputs. It's round and has a knob in the middle. $13. The rat shack is about the size of half of a carton of cigs. Had one once, but it's gone.
Anyway, why they do work is because they are passive switchers. Inside the boxes are just wires that pass the signal. Just keep the colours straight.
An active switcher (like on an A/V receiver, won't work for this because the signal is processed in some way. But that's about all I know.
Glenn

James_T

Stunt Coordinator
Glenn,
Thanks for the info. I was looking into buying an expensive A/V receiver just for this purpose, but if I can get away with the rat shack box for only $20, it'd be nice to save a few thousand bucks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks