1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Component Video Sat Receiver

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Keith M., Mar 27, 2003.

1. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

I am in the market for an additional DirecTV receiver. I currently own 3 Sony Dolby Digital Sat receivers. They are from a few years back. The new sony sat receiver w/ dolby digital is very asthetically challenged in my opinion. I know this sounds stupid, but its going in a rack of equipment and to have one silver component reflecting light from the screen would really be a pisser. I dont know why they dont offer it in both black and silver, but Im not going to buy it.

Anyways, I found an RCA DRD-485-RG and it even has component video!! Does anyone use this one? Any comments?

Thanks in advance...

2. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

oh well, I just ordered the RCA DRD485RG. It seems like the best one available right now. It will be awhile before I hook it up, Im still in the construction phase of my HT. I will post my opinions at that time. To me, anything is better than a silver component in my all black rack.

I wish Sony would get a clue [​IMG]