What's new

Component Video Cables... (1 Viewer)

DavidJL

Auditioning
This may be a silly question but...

I just picked up my new Sony KDP-51ws550 and I tried to hook up my Sony DVD player via the Component In's, but Im getting no Signal...

Do I need soecial "Component Video" cables? (I'm assuming the Y/W/R AV cables I tried wont work?)

PLease let me know, because I spent the Extra money for the HD tuner Version, but If the HD inputs aren't working, I'll need to tell them ASAP..

thanks!

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
They should work, I used some on my new X1 to get me by for a few days until my component cable turned up - the component cables looked better but I still got a good picture through the cheapo cords. Check to see if there's a switch on the back of the DVD player to switch video output mode, or it might be in the setup menu.
Do you need to select the component input on your TV or is it auto?

Johnny Mo

Agent
David,

I have a Sony DVD player also, and if I remeber correctly you have to go into the set options to change the output to Component Vid.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
If you're using the cheap AV cables that are not 75ohm then you're not going to get a signal....also, if you didn't match the cables correctly to the Y/B/R inputs that would not work either....I hope this helps.

DavidJL

Auditioning
Since we're on the subject of cabling, an Im not sure this is in the right spot, but I'll ask anyways...

I'm assuming that Component video is the best VIsual Signal...

But as Far as Audio Output goes... What gives the best sound transferance:

Coaxial Digital Out or Fiber Optic Digital out?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Many will argue one way or the other...

I have found no difference in my experiences over the last decade.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
David, which set of component-video inputs are you using with the player, and which model of Sony DVD player are you using. If it's a prog-scan model and you've activated the prog-scan output, you should connect the component-video cables to the high-bandwidth set of component-video inputs on the RPTV. If you're outputting an interlaced signal, you should have the player connected to the "regular" component-video inputs on the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks