What's new

Component Video cables for cube!!!! Where?? (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I went to 8 local stores today, and couldn't find one pair!!!!!

Are there any online retailers that have them????

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

GaryP

Second Unit
Steve,
Since you can't seem to find them locally, yor easiest route would be to buy direct from Nintendo, cost is $30 plus shipping. Just go to Nintendo.com then click on "Store" then "Gamecube" and finally "Parts and Accessories" Hope this helps a little. On a side note, the cables just started shipping mid-week so I don't know if there are going to be any delays on new orders while they're trying to fill current ones.
Gary

ruhrie

Agent
I just called Nintendo. The cables are not available anywhere else, but through them. They do have them available. I got them shipped UPS blue for $5.00. So my total was 35 bucks. Not too bad. I will now have the cables when I come back from my business trip and enjoy Rogue Leader at 480P. SWEET!!

Rich

jehelems

Auditioning
For what it's worth, my local Best Buy had a empty rack labelled "GC Comp Vid Cable." It also had a $19.99 tag! Unfortunately none of the saleskids could verify whether they actually ever had the cables and if they'll be in stock.

Meanwhile, a Nintendo leaflet states clearly that the component video cable is "available only through Nintendo, call 1-800-255-3700" (or Nintendo.com). There is a 3rd party cable available, but this also is not in the stores.

I ordered the cable from Nintendo.com on Sunday 11/18, to be shipped 2-day UPS. They sent it on 11/21, and is due to arrive 11/26 according to UPS tracking. I'm not sure what's up with the 3 day delay to ship the cable, and the 2-day UPS actually taking 5 days.

I can understand that Nintendo & Microsoft felt the need to focus on hardware manufacture, but to not have component video and/or digital audio connections available at launch is just plain stupid. Why have 480p and/or 5.1 games available with no way to actually display and hear them that way!?

You would think they would be anxious to exploit the weakness of the PS2 (even the Dreamcast has 480p capability.) Hopefully the next next-generation systems will just put the damn jacks on the back of the console just like every other component connected to our TV's!

Michael Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a pair at a local game shop,they were the ones from Japan but they work great. Price was 45 dollars. :frowning:

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I ordered a pair of these from Nintendo Friday night. Anyone else have any luck getting them anywhere else? Anyone actually receive theirs yet? How do they look? I think the composite output looks so terrible I can barely stand to play RL.
thanks Randy:frowning:

Alan Wild

Stunt Coordinator
At a recommendation from another HTF'er I bought the Japanese componenent cable from http://www.therage.com for about the same price that Nintendo is charging for the "American" Cable.
I had in hand and plugged into my receiver 3 days before the GCN was even out so after camping at Walmart on the 18th I just had to bring the cube home, run audio and power, and start playing.
For the record, from what I can tell the only difference between the Japanese cable and the American cable is the box. One is in Japanese the other in English. :)
Oops... I just checked... it looks like I ate $10 for the luxury of having the cable prior to launch. Still worth it IMHO. However, for $10 now I probably would just order from Nintendo.
-Alan

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen these cables at a B&M store either. I have seen the XBox component cable for $19.99 though, and it included the actual component cables! Not too shabby, and may have an impact on what I buy after XMas for my next-gen console. And yes, all three have games I want to play so it will come down to "the little things" for me.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I have a new Panasonic 4:3 27" TV with component inputs. Will the component cables be THAT much of an improvement to warrant having to send money to Nintendo for the cables?

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
Larry...I thought so for my PS2...soooo much better than the s-video....dare I say a near perfect image second only to a VGA output on my dreamcast...but very close to it.
Randy;)

CameronS

Supporting Actor
As far as I know, those component cables at Best Buy were third party (don't know which company).

My component cables from Nintendo should be here today! It's taken a long time to ship them 2-Day air.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I too was at a Best Buy on black Friday and saw the empty peg labeled Comp Vid Cable in the GC section. I have the S-Video cable now and will wait until the third party cables come in to my local gaming shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks