What's new

Community - Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
To be fair, the showrunners of Glee commented, a few months back, on how the show's cast IS definitely going to graduate at an appropriate time, with new cast members cycling in.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Don't blame me, I voted for Magnitude.

I loved the episode. It wasn't as heartfelt or airtight story-wise, but the jokes kept on coming, and they were great. Pierce was on complete fire. Poor Vicki.

Also loved the ticker-jokes. Did we get a hint that there will be a Western-themed episode?

"PROFESSOR SLATER STILL MISSING."

"REPORTS OF 'VENT MONSTER'."

I have to admit, I was surprised by the Abed love-story. I actually thought the Secret Service lady was sizing him up to be an agent, as he seems to already have the skill-set down.

Finally, everyone NEEDS to click on this:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The secret service agent was one of the new interns from Scrubs. She was similarly monotone, deadpan, and had issues relating to people.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Originally Posted by EricW

the notches under the table bit made me laugh my ass off

Same here!

I also got a good chuckle out of Troy's GCTV name "Troy "Buttsoup" Barnes".

And....I can't stop intermittently saying "Pop Pop!". Damn Magnitude an his magnetic attitude.

The secret service agent was one of the new interns from Scrubs. She was similarly monotone, deadpan, and had issues relating to people.

Thank you! That's been driving me nuts. I knew the voice and the features just couldn't place her. I'd like to see a bit more of her and Abed in future episodes.

Is Community on hiatus until March 17th?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
HOLY SHIT! "Magnitude" played Lee Jordan in the Harry Potter films.

My mind has officially been blown all over the back of my face. Revisiting the Valentine's Day episode, Jeff's horrified, "WHO'S MAGNITUDE?!?" reaction is so much funnier now:

I'm very concerned about the fact that Jeff allowed Magnitude, a 16-year-old, according to last night's episode, to drink at his house party. POP-POP, indeed.

Really enjoyed the Abed-subplot. I like it when they explore the inherent sadness in that character as an outsider, like in "Mixology," and this episode touched on that. I think Pudi is really talented, and I like when he gets an opportunity to do something other than make references and meta-observations.

I also laughed my ass off at Abed mentioning how to make napalm on-camera, and Troy's reaction afterward.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Was just rewatching this one again. I about lost it when Troy was describing the candidates in the opening newscast.

Garrett (the fat, dorky guy): "It's like God spilled a person."

Vicki: "Yellow shirt. Hat. Girl."

I also love that her bio-page was completely blank. It really was the little details that made this episode, like the candidate bios (Pierce: Age: 66, dick!), the news-ticker, etc. Also love the ever-growing cast of recurring ancillary characters (Garrett, Starburns, Leonard, Pavel, Magnitude, hopefully Vicki, etc.).

People were speculating that mention of a Western-themed school picnic in the ticker is foreshadowing for an upcoming episode (this article seems to back that idea up, somewhat.) I wonder if Professor Slater being missing could also be a hint.

I'm going with a, "Dr. Rich-is-a-serial-killer-and-he-killed-her/has-her-chained-up-in-his-basement" theory.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by joshEH seems to back that idea up, somewhat.) I wonder if Professor Slater being missing could also be a hint.

Wasn't there something in the ticker about the lack of a paintball tournament this year as well, which would tie in to that article?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My favorite part of the ticker was asking if the Human Being was offensive to animals. Funny, since it was created to be the most PC mascot possible.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_H

Wasn't there something in the ticker about the lack of a paintball tournament this year as well, which would tie in to that article?

Yeah, that was in there, too, now that you mention it. Something about Dean Pelton's anti-paintball "decree," etc. etc. After reading that article, I'm massively pumped for the season finale.

As it turns out, "Vicki" is actually a writer for the show. She has a very small cameo in a Season 1 episode (the one where Britta learns to "bathroom talk" with Shirley and Annie). She's also on a few of the Season 1 commentaries.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Ha, I was just coming in here to post about the Josh Holloway news, and you beat me to it, Travis.

Sounds like this is gonna be fricking great.

More on the finale (and it looks like it's gonna be way more than a cameo):

http://collider.com/josh-holloway-community/78356/

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
More on the finale (and it looks like it's gonna be way more than a cameo):

Holy smokes! I'm sitting here chuckling to myself just thinking about it. This could be very, very good.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
the ticker was funny, but there were things on it I wish they let us read.... like, the bit about the chess practice being cancelled abruptly (what was the rest of that one). They also mentioned that the chicken finger shortage continues! LOL!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
AWESOME!!!!

My hope was to see Josh on Justified. I guess I can wait 'til season 3. I'll enjoy this in the meantime.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
See, I just knew the new friendship between Damon Lindelof and Dan Harmon would bear delicious fruit.

That episode better open like High Noon: three guys waiting for Sawyer to step off the train, swearing revenge against Jeff Winger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks