What's new

Comments about Velodyne subs (long) (1 Viewer)

maxMXM

Auditioning
My first post on this forum (HT rookie here :)). I thought i'd share my experience with my newly set-up HT with you guys.

Made the plunge last Christmas, when i saw a Yamaha HTR 5640 coupled with NS-P256 6.1 set of speakers. Extremely happy with the performance for an entry level system.

One thing that i was extremely UNhappy with though, was the sub that came in the set. So two weeks ago i bought a Velodyne CHT-8 sub to replace it (the biggest that would fit in my apartment).

While i'm very happy about the sound quality (clean and deep rumbles), the story below should give you guys some idea about the sound QUANTITY:

Today, while i was watching a DVD, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door, and there was the lady who i think lives one or two floors below me. She looked rather irritated, and asked me: "Do you have something rumbling in there?"
I replied:"umm...we have a new speaker in there.."

To which she replied "it usually starts rumbling at 8pm and continues on through the night"

Now i never thought i would disturb anyone from the system
(i usually set the receiver volume at less than 1/3, or -34db, and the sub's dial is set to about 10 o'clock).

But to quote the lady: it "...sounds like a 747 taking off, and it's driving me nuts!"

Needless to say i apologised and said i would turn it down. I was going to promise her no more THX demoes, but i had to draw the line somewhere :)

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I have 2 velo subs... CT-150 and a CHT-8....both are great subs! Both do exactly what they are inteded to do...I like the story quite a bit. My 150 rattles my stove quite a bit wich is totaly annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks