What's new

Comfortable Chairs?? (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I am a newbie in home theater and am working on setting up my first one and I needed a recommendation on some nice recliners to buy. Preferrably in the 300-400 dollar range. I am talking about the kind that you just sit in and go
yum.gif
this is so comfortable I never want to leave.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
The most comfortable are the Ekornes Stressless recliners and Ekornes Siesta side chairs.http://www.ekornes.com/usa/index2.htm I just smile and relax when I sit in them (I've even fallen asleep during a movie and woke up the next morning -- without any back pain at all). And others have commented that they are the first chairs they have ever sat in that made them not want to "ever" get up again. :>) Unfortunately, even on special sale, they run a bit more than your target budget.
However, Lane makes a knockoff line that looks very close in design to the Ekornes, and cost considerably less. A friend who has them in his HT says they are also the equivalent in comfort.http://www.action-lane.com/ Select "Recliners" and scroll down to "Leather Rest Recliners" and click to open.
Enjoy!
Burke

Robin Smith

Stunt Coordinator
What's the ballpark figure for one of the Lane chairs? I was looking for a price list and couldn't find one.

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up 2 of the Lane comfortking recliners (Sherman and hurricane) and have been very happy with them. I am a large guy and tend to be extreamly hard on the furnature and the Sherman has been standing up to my abuse with no problems. The hurricane seems a little wimpier to me, but it is very comfortable.
I don't remember the exact prices but I think the Sherman was around $700 and the Hurricane was $500-$600. I wish I could remember the exact prices for you, but that is as close as I can get. All that I know is that it was very much worth it to me. :)
Take Care,
Will

Jon Mitchell

Auditioning
I would definetly recommend you try Lane's. I have two in the family room, one was more of a lower end, I think around $350 is very nice for watching movies, then I have another Lane that is a lot bigger and softer, has the massager, telephone and cooler for drinks in it. If you are willing to go up to the $600-$700 range you can get some very nice recliners, you probably don't need all the features so you can probably find some pretty comfortable chairs for about $500. Whatever you decide on try and go out and test some recliners to see what you find the most comfortable, I must have spent about 2 months going back and forth deciding on the ones I finally bought, and was a fun experience until the end

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks