What's new

comcast digital cable box outputs (1 Viewer)

Mike Mundt

Stunt Coordinator
I looked for a topic like this before but couldn't find it. I'm not ready for HDTV because i dont have a capable tv yet, but I want to at least get Comcast Digital Cable until I can. I've noticed they label the front of the Comcast Digital Cable box with Dolby Digital. They also have a hole for S-video and Coaxial digital output from the back of the digital cable box. When my friend called and asked if Comcast would remove the covers from the holes and add the s-video and coaxial digital output to the box (both s-video and Coaxial digital out are labed on the back near each hole to show you that the holes are there for that purpose), they said they dont do that. Anyone have an update on if they do that now, or if there is someone who will do it for you?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
So long as your local Comcast cable system is not providing an HDTV feed (and you had that HDTV set to boot) the digital cable converter they give you is what you get.

However, Comcast is upgrading its HDTV market slowly in different systems across the U.S. and Motorola box availabilities are changing.(Currently, Comcast uses the DCT 5100 box where HDTV is available, opening the S-Video and SP/DIF audio ports.)

I ordered the Comcast Digital this spring and got the Motorola DCT 2100 box. Like yours, it just supports coaxial output or composite red/white AUDIO and yellow VIDEO. I happen to have a JVC S-VHS VCR unit and run composite into it and S-Video out to my receiver and thence to my tv's S-Video input.

bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks