What's new

Colt .45 - The Complete Series - Coming to Blu-Ray on March 12th '24 (Warner Archive) (5 Viewers)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
My understanding is that Tom Selleck has now established a service where he will directly assist you in obtaining a reverse mortgage on your home, as well as drive you to the pawn shop where you can hock your most valuable family heirlooms, all for a modest percentage (this not being his first rodeo) so that Magnum blu ray may not be as far off as you might think! :)
Ha, ha! Alan, once again you prove that, as the witty comedian you are, you should be working the big rooms in Vegas! We need more of you here on the HTF!

Having shot my bolt in buying the new Colt .45 Blu, thanks for this brainstorm to obtain my Magnum P.I. Blu-ray set...I meet Tom Selleck in the parking lot at the pawn shop, and we set up my reverse mortgage...and along with the money I just got after a quick call to William Devane selling my Gold hoard hidden on the battleship USS Iowa, I can then afford to buy Colt .45, Magnum P.I. and the 1970s Colombo Blu-ray sets and a case lot of beans n' franks to hold me over till my next pension check comes! Whoopee!

Last edited:

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1709796514380.png

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My understanding is that Tom Selleck has now established a service where he will directly assist you in obtaining a reverse mortgage on your home, as well as drive you to the pawn shop where you can hock your most valuable family heirlooms, all for a modest percentage (this not being his first rodeo) so that Magnum blu ray may not be as far off as you might think! :)

Does this service include a complimentary subscription to National Review? I hear it's a very funny magazine.

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry
Colt .45 arrived today from MovieZyng. Not to brag but just a heads-up that the product is out there and to be patient.

The box holds three blu-ray cases, each for a season---Season 1 contains four discs (26 episodes), Season 2 with two discs (14 episodes), and Season 3 with four discs (28 episodes).

The first two discs (from Season 1) hold six episodes, the other eight have 7 episodes each.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Colt .45 arrived today from MovieZyng. Not to brag but just a heads-up that the product is out there and to be patient.

The box holds three blu-ray cases, each for a season---Season 1 contains four discs (26 episodes), Season 2 with two discs (14 episodes), and Season 3 with four discs (28 episodes).

The first two discs (from Season 1) hold six episodes, the other eight have 7 episodes each.
Thanks for the disc breakdown, Mark! Be curious to hear your first impressions of the series, image quality of the set, etc. Enjoy!

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry
Mark, are there bumpers and scenes for next week?

I see MoviesUnlimited has raised their price from $67.96 to $76.49.
I watched the first two episodes on Disc 1. Both opened with a brief clip from the episode. And a single commercial bumper with a title card and voice-over saying "And now back to Colt .45."

First episode "Judgement Day" has a brief bit at the beginning with Peter Brown, soon to be co-star of Lawman with John Russell. The second episode, "A Time to Die", has small part for Dan Blocker and Wayne Morris, long-time actor and WWII fighter ace, playing the major antagonist.

There is a misprint on the back of the Season Two bluray cover. The episode "The Hothead" from Season Three is listed among the titles of Disc Five. I checked the disc and it is not included among the episodes- there are only 6 episodes on Disc Five, not seven. Which makes sense since there are only supposed to be 67 episodes, not 68. I took a look and "The Hothead" is on the Season Three Disc Seven where it belongs.

Since I had Disc Five in the player, I watched the second season "The Man Who Loved Lincoln." This episode had the intro clip, the commercial bumper, and at the end "scenes for next week". Plus the Colt .45 song sung over the end credits. The first two episodes from Season One just played music over the end credits.

The picture is sharp as a tack with softer images when stock footage is used. The episodes are also sub-titled.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks, for the details Mark. Sounds great.

I think the vocals on the end song start around episode 9 or so.( (At least it did on the bootleg.) One of the singers on the vocals sounds like Willie Nelson, to me. Was he around back then? Maybe someone with the same accent.)

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry
Thanks, for the details Mark. Sounds great.

I think the vocals on the end song start around episode 9 or so.( (At least it did on the bootleg.) One of the singers on the vocals sounds like Willie Nelson, to me. Was he around back then? Maybe someone with the same accent.)

Here's what the menu screen looks like---

Colt 45 Menu Card.png

I just had to check. The Colt .45 song over the end credits makes its first showing in the 11th episode, "The Gypsies" (12/27/1957).

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
My copy of the Colt .45 Blu set shipped yesterday from Amazon! Though as I'm in Canada, my expected delivery is Wednesday the 27th.

Thanks to Mark McSherry for his valuable and encouraging great news about the bumper cards, announcer voice overs, next week promos (on at least some episodes), and closing vocal theme music being included in these pristine HD transfers!

Mark McSherry

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark McSherry
My copy of the Colt .45 Blu set shipped yesterday from Amazon! Though as I'm in Canada, my expected delivery is Wednesday the 27th.

Thanks to Mark McSherry for his valuable and encouraging great news about the bumper cards, announcer voice overs, next week promos (on at least some episodes), and closing vocal theme music being included in these pristine HD transfers!

Intro clips are not included on all episodes. For example, Disc 1 holds 6 episodes--- the first four have intros, the last two don't. But Episode 5 ("Small Man") does include a next week's promo for E6 ("Final Payment"). So things are a bit scattershot.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
According to Asendia international tracking, my copy of Colt .45 was dispatched from the U.S. late Wednesday evening (3/13)...which means I'll probably receive it here sometime early next week (he said hopefully. :))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks