What's new

coax digital cable (1 Viewer)

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question. I am new to using my digital outs/ins on my components. I have a CD coax digital input on my receiver that I must use. The coax in/out looks suspiciously like regular old RCA connectors.

I was wondering if I can use an RCA patch cable I have as a digital coax cable, or will this cause tear a rift in the time/space continueum?

I beleieve there is a "special" digital coax cable that is higher ohm rating than the old rca cables. Is this the case? Is it important to use the proper cable?

Please help.

Thanks
Wayde

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Use any 75 ohm video cable for the digital coax connector; this is what the digital coax spec requires. Using a coax audio cable may cause problems because it is not necessarily 75 ohms. The quality of the cable is up to you, you can spend $2 to $1000 and mighty arguments I have no intention of starting here have arisen as to the difference between the two;) .

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Thank for the advice. Not trying to start a 'money cables' war. Just wondering about the dig coax spec and if it's important. I've heard about the 74ohm spec and wondering why. Anyway, thanks. I'll look for them.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
if your existing cable is shielded you should be able to get away with using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks