What's new

CNN Article on DVD-A/SACD Copy Protection (1 Viewer)

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
CNN Article
I have a few questions, maybe some of you can answer.
I'll be setting up my Home Theater System this weekend and I have a JVC DVD Player that plays DVD-A. I was under the assumption that if I hook up the digital optical output i'll be getting a digital signal from playing the DVD-A.
in the article:
Panasonic hasn't incorporated digital outputs into its DVD-Audio players for the same reasons.
Do the above quotes mean that these players do not have either a coaxil or digital output?
When i was in Circuit City the other day I looked at the back of a Sony SACD player and I saw a Digital Optical output.
So another question is that if even having a digital output, does it mean the streaming is in digital or is it analog?
I hope that makes sense and somebody can straigthen me out!
Paul

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
AFAIK, the digital outs on SACD and DVD-A players are for Dolby Digital and DTS ONLY.

-Mike...

Seth_L

Screenwriter
and regular CDs. The optical out on SACD players transmits nothing when the machine is playing a SACD.

Seth

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Same for DVDA on my Toshiba 4800. I have to connect up the 5 analog cables between my DVD play and receiver to hear DVDA or high res stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks