What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

C'mon, Get Happy! (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Did anyone hear anything more on "The Partridge Family" Complete Season One release on DVD for August of this year?

I read on TVshowsondvd.com awhile ago that it was to be coming out soon... but I haven't seen anything else yet?

Entertainment Weekly reports this week that there is a movie coming out (same vein as Brady Bunch movies via Paramount) and a Partridge Family Reality Series too.

When I type it in at Amazon.com or Rhino.com nothing comes up. Did anyone hear anything else about this set yet?

MM
;)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Do a search of this forum with the words Partridge Family, someone did a thread on it a while back and it stated that it was suppose to be out sometime in August.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Boy David... I bet you feel like Santa Claus this week or one of the three Wise Men. You continue to bring us good news about tv shows coming out on DVD in 2005.

I've been waiting for the Partridge Family for a while now. I'm not too thrilled it's coming out via infomercials, but it's finally coming out.

Thanks David.

:D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I still fail to understand why I get excited about a lot of these shows, but I will be getting Partridge Family for sure.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
May is mentioned as the in-store timeframe in the news post I made yesterday that Michael alludes to. :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'll save the accolades until I've seen what kind of video/audio quality we are getting. That's an awful lot of content for three discs.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jeff's probably closer to reality on this, Michael. I'll reserve judgement until I see it for myself, but he's reflecting my thoughts on how this will probably turn out.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
You two are correct. The more information on the DVD the lower the quality. I don't care for the dual sided dvd's.

I think of Buck Rogers. I had to send back my initial set until I got one that wasn't flawed. My season two of Kung Fu has parts where it gets stuck and I have to re-start it.

It seems that the dual sided discs tend to have more problems with them.

I guess the point I was trying to make was it was good to see this set finally coming out and that it actually has some interesting extras which isn't always something we get on our lovable tv show sets of yesteryear.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
No, but I can think of a couple sets that they got right: Seinfeld 1&2 and 3. However, that was Sony's most important pair of TV releases in 2004, so they knew they couldn't mess that up. I'm guessing TPF: Season 1 will be pretty standard fare for them a/v-wise, even with coolest-looking cover art I've ever seen on Sony TV release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks