What's new

Clive Barker's Lord Of Illusion Unrated Director's Cut Ld (1 Viewer)

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering whether the DVD special edition contains the same material as in the Unrated Director's cut Laserdisc.

Had in my Laserdisc library and just watch it last nite:

Teaser Trailer

Oiginal Theatrical Trailer

A Gathering of Magic- A behind the scences faeturette

Clive Barker

Scott Bakula.Famke Janssen

Shooting the Pantages scene

Special effects : Daniel Von Bargen

Director at Work

Deleted Scenes

Storyboard to film comparison

Still gallery

Conceptual Artwork

Production Notes

OAR 1.85:1

Just curious as I do not have the DVD SE. Anyway Clive

Barker is sure one helluva horror & gore director.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mick Wright

Second Unit
They're the same except the dvd has a better transfer and the LD has cooler packaging. The dvd is only $10 in the US so I have both.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure that all those features are on the disc. I'll check when I get home. If you look at this link to the back cover it doesn't look like all those features are in there, but I haven't explored the disc thoroughly.

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Leon,

I wish the dvd had all that stuff! The MGM dvd contains Barkers Commentary, Deleted Scenes, Isolated Score, one trailer and a collectable booklet(the usual MGM 8 page thing). I'd love to see the concept art and stuff from the laserdisc, especially any drawings by Barker himself, but I don't think that there will ever be a reissue of this one. The current one does have a nice 16x9 transfer and some pretty nifty animated menus though.

And your're right about Barker been a good horror director. I can't wait for the Nightbreed director's cut disc which is supposed to be due this year and I wish someone would give Imajica the same screen treatment that Lord Of The Rings got.

Richard

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Well Richard,

I guess I got myself a collector's Laserdisc. Also

forgot to mentioned that its a Deluxe Letter Box Edition.

The cover is completely different from the DVD SE.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
The LD packaging is still one of my all time favorites. I remember propping it up for show because it looked so damned cool. Not to mention that the film itself was such a wonderful surprise.

The DVD's still nice, but I'll never be able to part with that LD!

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
The LD has better picture quality. It have better colours and the resolution is about the same. The LD has more stuff and have a MUCH, MUCH better cover (gatefold).

So keep the LD and take the money and spend them on a new movie.

-Mattias-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks