What's new

Classic Series with Pop Music and Psychedelic Style? (1 Viewer)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Apart from the ITC science-fiction series U.F.O. (1970) and even the BBC show Doctor Who,
which classic series had a leaning or an episode with that Sixties hipness?
As a starter, find these:

Combat!
“The Gauntlet”
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
“Cyborg”
The Wild Wild West
“The Night of the Amnesiac”
Mission: Impossible
“Flip Side”

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Apart from the ITC science-fiction series U.F.O. (1970) and even the BBC show Doctor Who,
which classic series had a leaning or an episode with that Sixties hipness?
As a starter, find these:

Combat!
“The Gauntlet”
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
“Cyborg”
The Wild Wild West
“The Night of the Amnesiac”
Mission: Impossible
“Flip Side”
If I was gonna pick an episode of Voyage, I'd go with "Sealed Orders" in season 4. As the radiation from a nuclear warhead makes the crew hallucinate, there are a lot of pretty colors and sounds. There are also two short scenes where a record player seems to start on its own and a generic "pop music" instrumental kicks on. It's probably the most 60's episode of the run. Runner up: "The Death Clock."

Star Trek "The Way to Eden"

Lost in Space "The Promised Planet"

Batman "Louie the Lilac"

To name a brief few...

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Bewitched had a few episodes with Serena in them with pop music and psychedelic style in them. The clip below was altered with different music.

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just about anything from Gerry Anderson is pretty psychedelic and wacky.
I’ve always been a Captain ScarLet fan but I recently saw Joe 90 for the first time and that opening of every episode when Joe gets the information uploaded into his brain is just mesmerizing and downright hypnotic.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
johnny sokko and his flying robot,has 60's psychedellic style and special effects,that way ahead of it's time.compared to today's television.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

Yes! That episode is verry trippy. I think this one is the very first episode of the reboot; Dragnet 1967.
___

There are a few other of the color episodes in that vein, too, though I don't have the titles. There's one concerning a guru and his disciples. Another marijuana enthusiast lecturing people on why it should be legal. More than once in these episodes the evils of marijuana are avowed and you wonder what these people would think of things now.

There's also at least one episode of Adam-12 in the "Pop Music and Pyschedelic Style" mode.

Apologies to not being more specific.

Last edited:

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Land of the giants,has many 60's pop music and psychedelic style into it,but man it was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks