Clarification wanted on signature rules.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan B, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I was reading Ron's announcement about signatures, and wondered about this line:

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    A commercial web site would be one that took a member to another site to offer a product for sale. If the purpose of your link is to send a member to another site for information on your interest that is ok. But if the same link is used just to send someone to another area for the purpose of selling a product to the visitor to that site that would be prohibited.

In your case of providing a link to another site regarding the game that you are playing can you also use another link that would provide someone the same information without offering that product for sale? This forum would get no direct benefit from such a link to that other site if another member were to purchase the game while they were there. So in your case we would not allow your links to a game that you are playing as long as that site offers the game for sale on that site.

Parker

3. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Thanks for clearing that up. I just provide the link so people can find more information on the game if they are interested, and usually you can not buy the game on that page. I have removed the link from my signature & will try to keep that in mind.
    Does this mean I can still include the link in my message, but not the signature? [​IMG]

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Dan:

You can include the link back to the site if someone inquires about it in the body of you message. The problem is that it is a commercial site in addition to being an information only site.

Parker