What's new

City of Hero's (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Anyone looking forward to this Game, I actually just found out about it from a friend last week and now cant wait to play it. I went out and got the preorder last night and will hopefully be playing the beta tonight :D If you are in the beta, what server are you in so we can meet up. This game loks awesome Im excited to see how well its done.

NickC

Second Unit
well i couldnt resist, i went out and preorderd it myself, now just have to wait for the beta invite...

William Laughner

Stunt Coordinator
I love the game. It is an amazing change of pace from Star Wars Galaxies.

I have been playing for the past week. If you are online, look me up.

Lord Omega
Magic Tanker (lvl 7)

There are so many variations of characters you can create I don't think I have stuck with one more than a week. I haven't quite yet figured out what combination of origin & skill I prefer.

NickC

Second Unit
Big-Red on prime server

Definatly think this game has a ton of potential, no pvp and no villians is def something that needs to happen in the future, still have a lot of playing to do though

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
The character creation is amazing. I took an hour and a half just creating my character alone. The fighting system is a little slow IMHO, but I have never played any other MMORPG except SWG so Im not sure if its normal or not. Plus im only level 3 so im not hitting for much damage yet and no special attacks, Ill give it some more time.
You could possibly create any super hero you wanted in this game. The choices are in the 1000's. The one thing that drives me crazy about SWG is that their are another 100 characters running around that look just like me.
The game looks like it could be pretty nice by launch.

My characters name is
Kayas = on the Prime server

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Well, I got the email stating the NDA has been lifted so I'll throw some stuff out there. It's a little late so I'll come back sometime tomorrow to add to it.

First, let me say that I have already pre-ordered the game and am looking forward to it. I've wanted a good superhero game for the PC and I think this is it (no dissing Freedom Force, but I had a hard time getting into the RTS).

The thing that will in all likelihood get praise from everyone is the character creation process. There are a ton of options to design the look of your character and most of them are actually pretty cool. The number of powers available is maybe a little smaller than I would have liked to see, but that can (and supposedly will) be easily changed after launch.

So, the creation process is good, but what about the gameplay? Well, to be honest, there isn't much there. You go out, defeat enemies, and try to get enhancements to upgrade your powers. Taking missions that generate an instanced location for you or your party is probably the best way to go because you won't have to deal with other players going after your kills. As I've gotten a little more playtime in lately, getting enhancements is definitely very important to keeping your character viable. Fortunately, if you can't find the right items from your enemies, you can spend influence to get them from a store.

I have not yet played on a team or a supergroup. From a solo perspective, I can say that levels 1-10, while challenging at times, can be done on your own. Sadly, even though I have been in beta since day 1 or 2, I have not had much time to put into it and only have a level 10 and a level 9 character to show (they did do one wipe, but that was early on).

I'm looking forward to this game and hopefully some friends will pick it up which will help me feel more comfortable with the team setting. I do think there will be a lot of gamers at first, but I'm not sure there will be enough there to keep them around.

Lightbolt - level 9 science(?) blaster
Anateus - level 10 magic tanker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks