What's new

Citizen Ruth! YES! (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
DVD File reports today that Buena Vista will be releasing Citizen Ruth on February 4th, 2003.
Anamorphic widesceen AND a commentary by Alexander Payne.
I am so excited. Fans of Payne's Election should definitely check out this earlier film.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
An intelligent satire that pokes fun at both sides of the abortion debate. Every single performance is fantastic (how often can you say that?) I was very happy to hear of it's DVD release.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Yay! I have been waiting for this since I saw Election! Probably to cash in on About Schmidt.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Excellent news! Somehow I knew Alexander Payne would do a commentary. He seems very proud of this film (as he should be). I'll be picking this one up for sure.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I liked this film as well.
Glad its coming out 16x9 w/ commentary.

Filmed in my hometown(like Election & About Schmidt) Omaha, Nebraska.
I actually lived a few blocks away from Mr. Payne

Ike

Screenwriter
I watched this just the other night on one of the HBO channels. I hadn't seen it in awhile, and found it even more funny than the first time I saw it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jodee

Screenwriter
Has this DVD been delayed?

DVV Empire now has it listed as coming out 4/1/03, DeepDiscountDVD has it coming 4/8/03, Amazon does not have a listing, and DVD Planet still has it listed for the old release date of 2/4/03.

Anyone know what the scoop is?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks