What's new

Citizen Kane (1 Viewer)

Lew

Auditioning
For all your CK fans, heres a note!

Turner Classic Movies is show casing Citizen Kane on during it's Essentials. It shows Sat and Sun.

FYI.

Lew W.

You're killing me Smalls! - Hamilton Porter, The Sandlot

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As summer comes, so comes the ´I saw Citizen Kane and don´t see what the big deal is´ posting.

Which is understandable, but it is pleasing to see that the discussion has actually turned to ´why this is a fine film´.

DaveButcher

Stunt Coordinator
Whew, just finished reading the whole thread, and I'm tempted to call Kane the greatest film noir ever:D
Anyways, I won't rehash what others have so elequently said before, except to add a thought to the idea of appreciating things that are "the first" at something.
It doesn't matter what these firsts are, movies, music or combat strategies. They are not appreciated just because they first, it's because of the innovation and creativity that went into them. They cannot be viewed with our standards, as someone else stated (far too long ago for me to find again - sorry) you have have to view them on their terms. As with anything they can only be judged by having a knowledge of their circumstance.
Without history, there is no context and without context, no greatness.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks