What's new

Cinema Paradiso rereleased? (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I failed to catch this upon its initial release. And I've not seen this on dvd yet. So I was excited to hear the tailend of a discussion on tv about a rerelease of this film.

Does anyone know more info about this new release? Is it the original cut? Or is it the director's/extended cut? I heard grumblings about its dvd release, a la a lot chopped off, in comparison to the European / Italian version.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
does anyone know if there are any guarantees of it having a wide release?? i look on the official website and this is what it says:

Release Date
June 14, 2002 — Los Angeles/New York; June 21, 2002 — top 10 cities; June 28, 2002 — top 20 cities; opens wider at later dates

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Since its release almost a month ago, it has made $239,630. It earned $51,915 over the July 4th weekend in 15 locations. A much wider release doesn't bode well at this point. Here's hoping it still makes it to my area despite these numbers.

~Edwin

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Great news for people in and around the Twin Cities. Cinema Paradiso, The New Version will be shown at the Lagoon Cinema beginning on July 19th. Sometimes, the Twin Cities shows glimmers that it isn't such a podunk town after all. ;)
Here are the other cities in which this film is currently playing:
Boston
• Kendall Square Cinema
Chicago
• Landmark's Century Centre Cinema
Dallas
• Inwood Theatre
Denver
• Chez Artiste
San Francisco
• Lumiere Theatre
San Francisco East Bay
• California Theatre
• Coming soon to Opera Plaza Cinema

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks