What's new

Chinese TV box sets... (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I was looking on ebay earlier today to see about used copies of the first season of the X-Files. And I noticed that there are chinese versions selling for MUCH cheaper. Example: Big Box Stores will sell the first season for $90 where I can buy all 9 seasons in an asian box set for $90.

What difference is there if any between the DVDs from asia. I don't care if there's asian characters on them. I just want to watch the show (with out subtitles or dubbing of languages... just as I would the american release). Or, are these just copies made by some guy with a DVD burner in his basement?

I know this is probably a newbie questions but my horrid searching skills didn't turn up an answer. Anyone with experience please let me know what's up!

Thanks in advance.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Well, that's the info I was looking for! Thanks for that, I guess I'll be looking for used copies locally or on ebay.

Thanks again for the responses.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I received a Chinese set of 24 season 3 (I didn't know, I swear), which had a URL on the bottom (http://www.deltamac.com.hk). I thought it was a bootleg, but they have a pretty nice website. The discs themselves are single-layered, had 2 disc 5s, and was missing disc 6.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
You should be able to find season sets of X Files used at a good price. A store here in Seattle has several copies of each season for about $30-40 each, and I bet if I said I buy every season they'd cut the price down even more.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
No major television series should ever be All Regions. That's a dead give away that they are bootlegs.

One thing to notice also is that those sellers usually have ebay auctions ending in a day, and this is to minimize the chance that Ebay's fraud department will have time to kill the auction. I haven't reported DVD listings, but before the Euro:USD exchange rate went sky high a few years ago I collected uniforms and medals and the like from east germany. I'd run into lots of Nazi related auctions on ebay that way, and would report those that violated the ebay listing policies. It took approximately a day from the time of the report for the listing to be killed.

Back on topic, I've bought all my X-Files sets Region 1 used, and have payed between $35-$45.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks