What's new

Check out THIS Pro-Logic II processor (1 Viewer)

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
If I read this correctly, iy also has a '5.1 surround decoder' (ie. ac3/dts 5.1?)

I think the Outlaw 950 has a rival :)

T.

Gifford L

Agent
It sound good too. I had a chance to listen to it in Jim Fosgates house for some time. He used it for music and a Tag Maclaren on Video for DPLII. I believe this was the first DPLII decoder available. It has cool blinking LEDS in the front to show you the steering logic working steering the signal to the different channels.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Gifford, thanks for the insight. I am sure that must have been one heck of a nice system. I've always had a thing for classic looking gear.

Gifford L

Agent
It was Jed, Jim (this products designer and the inventor of DPLII) had all his speakers tri-amped using his own custom made tube amps that were placed all along the room.

What was really interesting to me is that required long interconnects as you can imagine. For long interconnects he used twin axial 300 ohm antenna wire for its low capacitance. The problem is that it isn't shielded from noise to he had shields over it at strategic points like where it came near AC power.

He also had a huge collection of old radio's and an LP collection I was amazed at.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what a vision you just put in my head... Although sounds like the WAF would be pretty low :)

Gifford L

Agent
The coolest thing is that since these tube amps were all around the room when he turned out the lights it was pitch black except for what had to be over a hundred tube filaments glowing orange. Also emerging from pitch black was a very enveloping sound from everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks