1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Check out my (almost) finished GR A/V-3's!

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MikeBi, Jun 6, 2005.

1. MikeBi

MikeBi Auditioning

This is my first attempt at DIY speakers and I'm pretty darn pleased with how they turned out! What I've built is a set of standard A/V-3's using the cabinet design from GR. I added the top and bottom plates onto them to mimic Onix Rockets but other than that it's stock.

I calculated that I have about $600 invested in total including all the upgrades GR has except the blackhole 5 damping material which would have been another $100 or so. I haven't really sat down to listen to them yet as I was too busy jumping for joy that my crossover actually works (I can't solder to save my life) [​IMG]

Take a look at mikebillings.com (sorry, had to put spaces in because I can't post links yet) and let me know what you think.

Many thanks to all the people who have ever posted in these forums - I used pretty much every bit of advice doing this project!

2. John Wes

John Wes Stunt Coordinator

Nice job!!!

3. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

Very nice job. [​IMG]

You'll enjoy them even more once you listen to them for awhile. [​IMG]
    I just finished a pair of the A/V-1RS surrounds to go with my A/V-3 front and center speakers, but haven't had much chance to check them out yet.

4. PaulDF

PaulDF Second Unit

Another one in the club!

Looks good Mike. I just got my A/V3s and A/V3S center back into my room after a long job of painting. I just need to find a place to post some pics!

5. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

if they are small enough in size (under 200K apiece) email all you want to me and i will host them for you

6. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer