Cheaper by the Dozen 2 - quick review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This is a well-worn sentimental family film, filled with growing pains of children finding their own way in spite of their parents doing their best to protect them from the big bad world out there. Steve Martin and Eugene Levy have fun playing adversaries at a lake community (for a summer retreat for the entire family), a feud that has lingered for decades. It's very light, and targets the family dynamics for its intended audience (children, and families). There are some cute laughs here and there, but it's more of a paint-by-numbers cookie-cutter film that takes advantage of the holidays and family gatherings for its box office performance.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

I was surprised by this:

I think Bonnie Hunt has a nicer rack than Carmen Electra! They even go out of their way to demonstrate this phenomena. Who knew?

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

At least Bonnie's aren't store-bought (I don't think). Carmen's are inflatables...

3. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

Yep, Bonnie Hunt was on Letterman the other night and I was like Damn!

4. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I've always liked her, but she's gotten a little more contemporary with her hair style lately so it's gone from, cute and funny mom type to MILF [​IMG].