What's new

Cheap Home Sirius Stereo? (1 Viewer)

BrianGB

Auditioning
Ok, my parents have that crazy bose system that goes like in your kitchen. Looks like it should be worth 50$ but is actually $500. They also have just bought a brand new BMW with Sirius included in it. I don't have much money, they aparently do, but I want to get my father a birthday present. I still have two weeks but Im really not worried about sending him something soon. I know he would love to listen to those stations in the home on the bose system. The bose system only works with AUX and headphones but that can be worked for.

Im clueless with sirius. Never listened to it, don't own it. But I'm looking for the most cost effective way for them to hook it up to their bose system, seeing I'm playing the poor college student charge. I know it'd mean the world to him if he got this so if someone could clue me in on what I need and what its gonna cost me, please do. Also, any silly extra accessories I'm nor interested in, barebone that will do the trick. If it maters, this will go in their sun room, so plenty of windows on top of the highest point in their region of minnesota without any obstructions, so I don't think a huge attena will be in order.

Thanks,
Brian

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
Brian,

Most Sirius Plug and Play units come only with what you need to play it in a car. You would still neeed to pay for a home dock. Now if your dad is oinly going to listen to it via home, and not via the car at all, a Tivoli home unit is nice for $300, I've heard nothing but great things about this unit but I'm sure it's pricey for your liking.

The plug and plays will run you anywhere from $50 (Sirius One) to the $350 for the S50 (which is like an IPod/Tivo version of Sirius except you can't get a live signal while you are taking it on the go.) You'd still need the separate home dock for any plug and play which on average is another $50. I have the sportster Replay but the Starmate Replay is also excellent.

Check out www.sirius.com for all the info and current receivers available, home/car/ or both.

BrianGB

Auditioning
Thanks for the response, is something like this possible though? I see an in home antenna is a measly 12 and their room placement is in a great place I think that would be adequete. Also, the not included AV unit is a simple 12v av unit, which I have plenty, then the hookup to the bose system can be done with simply rc cables. Can I just use each of these component seperate since I'm on a very low budget. Will it work I guess I'm asking. I want to get this for his birthday, I forgot my first message but I don't make much money and am a full time college student so the 250$ thing is out for me, something along the lines of the tuners and those hookups would be very real though, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks