What's new

Charlie’s Angels Complete Series heads to Blu-Ray, (1 Viewer)

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I was beginning to give up hope for the original Charlie's Angels on BluRay. I'll be getting this ASAP, but probably November since the Godzilla set has my money for October.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Pre-order price is $169.98. I think I'll wait a little bit.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Broke.jpg

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Be nice to see some clips or photos to see how they're going to look in HD.
Vudu sells the individual seasons streaming in HD, I believe. I've never bothered to buy because I'm content with the DVD's. IF the blu drops enough, I wouldn't mind buying it, but not for $170. I don't know what Mill Creek is thinking. This isn't Star Trek territory!

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Vudu sells the individual seasons streaming in HD, I believe. I've never bothered to buy because I'm content with the DVD's. IF the blu drops enough, I wouldn't mind buying it, but not for $170. I don't know what Mill Creek is thinking. This isn't Star Trek territory!

I'm kinda surprised that Mill Creek is doing this release and not Shout Factory, as all of their Columbia TV series they've done so far have been great.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm so glad I never completed, or watched any of the first 4 DVD season sets. I'll be buying this day one, and I have a lot of faith in Mill Creek. Their Universal series are great, although like them I'm sure this will lack subtitles.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
It would be a welcome bonus if the two hour season premieres were restored for this release. The DVD has them broken into two parts. But since the HD masters were most likely prepared with syndication in mind, I'm doubtful.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What's the packaging like for this release? The same as The Rockford Files was with stacked discs?

I've been adding up the total for discs from various complete series sets that I own that don't do a good job of protecting the discs and see that I'll have some extra space in the binder I'm eyeing. That leaves room to accommodate this set down the road when I buy it.

Also, how many of the 20 discs are for the 2011 remake? I'm planning to alphabetize this binder by series name and will just be leaving the disc or discs with the 2011 episodes in the original package since I know I'll never watch it. So I'd like to know what gap I'll need to leave between my Andy Griffith Show DVD's and my Cheers DVD's to accommodate the original series.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer my questions. :)

Last edited:

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
What's the packaging like for this release? The same as The Rockford Files was with stacked discs?

I've been adding up the total for discs from various complete series sets that I own that don't do a good job of protecting the discs and see that I'll have some extra space in the binder I'm eyeing. That leaves room to accommodate this set down the road when I buy it.

Also, how many of the 20 discs are for the 2011 remake? I'm planning to alphabetize this binder by series name and will just be leaving the disc or discs with the 2011 episodes in the original package since I know I'll never watch it. So I'd like to know what gap I'll need to leave between my Andy Griffith Show DVD's and my Cheers DVD's to accommodate the original series.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer my questions. :)

The 2011 remake has its own disc. Here are some photos of the set to give you a general idea.

Attachments

• IMG-0430.jpg
    IMG-0430.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG-0429.jpg
    IMG-0429.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG-0428.jpg
    IMG-0428.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG-0427.jpg
    IMG-0427.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 172

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Watched the "Counterfeit Angels" episode last night and noticed something odd. The opening credit visuals are the correct 3rd season version (Kate's credits have the "pole vaulting" clip from "Mother Angel") yet the theme music is the punchier Season 2 version (S3's theme was the "frantic" disco version).

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Just checked my Sony S3 set from 2006 and "Counterfeit Angels" has the correct S3 credits/opening theme on it. Curious why the Blurays have these wrong/mishmashed ones.

The episode loses points for not including a showdown between the real Angels and their evil counterparts, but I think Hilary Thompson nailed it as fake Sabrina. She had Kate's "serious" look down pat when paying strict attention to any situation.

2.png 3.png 4.png

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
So, as I have watched more of the Blurays, I've that "Counterfeit Angels" is not the only S3 episode with these odd mismatched opening credits. In fact, the only S3 eps with the correct ones are 55, 56, 57. 60, 62a, 62b, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 and 68 and course 47a and 47b that have the specially-made "Angels in Vegas" opening. The others all have the S2 music with the S3 visuals. Stranger yet, ep 48 and 63 (both Farrah guest spots) have credits that look faded and poor quality compared to the others. I wonder if this is Sony's doing when they remastered the show for hi-def. Did they look this way on Me-Tv or Cozi? It's like when they put the S3 opening on all the I Dream of Jeannie color eps decades ago, or left off the proper Bewitched openings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks